Chapter 28

"Oh.my.god" his mom says with her mouth hanging down.
"You look gorgeous."

I sigh in relief that she didn't hate me. I mean she did kinda scare me when she looked at me in shock.

She in gulfs me in a hug and I hug back awkwardly.

We sit down and I sit next to Omar. He grabs my hand under the table and I smile a goofy smile.

I can't believe how lucky I am to have him, and then have his baby.

We talk for awhile about how college has been going.

"So why are you back down here and not in New York?" His dad asks.
I don't know what to say 'we were in a fight so I left' I don't really want to tell them that.

Just at the right time the waiter comes and I order spaghetti and a water. Not to fancy.

The waiter looks down and he smiles at me. Creepy, I smile back anyways. I can feel Omar tighten his grip on my hand.

"Thanks you saved me from family problems." I whisper into his ear laughing.
"Anytime" he says a lot louder then I wanted him to.

Omar gets up and starts walking away. I get up and run towards him.

"Stop please" I beg. He turns around and doesn't look at me.
"You just have to go flirt with other people don't you? Even in front of me." He continues "you just don't learn do you."

I can feel a tear rolling down my face "I'm sorry, but that's not what happened. You don't trust me do you?"

He looks down at the ground shamefully "DO YOU!" I yell.
People look at us with weird stares but honestly I don't care anymore.

"I'm sorry but no, not after everything that has happened."

This time it's me running away, he was my ride but honestly I don't even care right now.

*one week later*

"Adrian" Amy calls "I'm going to work now the boys are out of the house so it's just you."
"Okay!" I yell back. I look back at the notebook i was just writing on. It sits on my desk. The page is filled with curly writing. Over 30 bullet points are squashed onto the page.
its my dreaded to do list.

oh and you can't forget, i have school homework on top of that. "UGGGGGG." I moan feeling overwhelmed. i am barely able to balance everything right now. I feel submerged in work and school.
I need a break. Omar went back to New York and I stayed here. I'm now currently going to the college here.

What I need is Just a quick break. Then i will get back to work. I walk into my closet and pick out some black nike running shoes, shorts, and a sports bra. I walk into the bathroom and change into the clothes. When i finish, I put my hair in a side braid and find my earbuds.
I plug them into my phone and stick my phone under my waistband of my shorts.

I walk downstairs and walk out the front door.
I walk down the driveway and start jogging. The warm air wrapping around me, making me sweat as i increase my speed.

I run swiftly, keeping a steady pace. My earbuds blare music through my mind, making me not think about school, work, Omar, or even how hard the run is starting to get.
I just focus on the music.
My mind calms and just moves along with the wind.

I turn around a corner and start to run down the street towards the beach.
I hear my text ringtone go off a couple of times, but i choose to ignore them. Its probably just Amy texting me more things, or Her texting me a picture of her and Ricky.

Looking at Amy and Ricky makes me miss Omar more. for the last couple of days, i have been so busy that at some moments i just forget that Omar is no longer in California.

I feel sweat drip down my back and my breathing becomes louder.
Omar not being here has made me realize how much stuff i have to do.

School expects me to be able to balance my grades, homework, social life, friendships, extra activities, and constantly do my best on everything.

I just wish Omar was here because can I live without him?