Chapter 49

A/N long time no update and I'm so sorry, Happy Fourth of July! Just one more chapter left. It will be a long one so it might be a couple weeks because right now I'm at a resort and I was lucky to get this one.

Amy POV

We need to get you dressed up and quick!" I explain as we pull into Max's driveway. Carter looks at me frightened well I pull him inside the house.

I laugh at him as he try's to break out of my grip. "I'm a hockey player not a model." He says flipping his hair to the side. "Well you will be today."
He sighs as we walk downstairs to his room. There are hockey posters hanging all over his room. And his sheets are of a hockey player.

I walk over to his closet and start going through his hanged clothes. Luckily there's a suit hanging there.

"Put this on." I say walking over to Carter, he's sitting on his bed playing a game on his phone. I toss it on his lap.
He groans getting up and walking to the bathroom to change.

After about 4 minutes he comes out of the bathroom all suited up. "You look handsome." I say getting up from his office chair.

We walk out to the car and Max is sitting there on the phone. "Let's go, I need to get Starbucks." I say opening the door. Right as I finish buckling he starts leaving.

*

"Congrats!" I say to Adrian once I find her. The wedding just got done and the place is crowded. "Thanks Amy, also me and you and Amar are going down to the lake cabin that my mom bough."
"But isn't it your honeymoon?" I ask "and it's the Fourth of July."
She giggles well tapping her feet "we are celebrating together and I made Amar let me do it." A slow song goes on and Adrian goes to dance with Amar.

I look around and smile at all the couples dancing. "Can I have this dance?" Someone asks from behind me. I quickly turn around and Ricky is standing there in a tux. I'm surprised he's here I didn't see him at the wedding. "Sure." I say, he grabs my hand and walks me to the dance floor outside. It's not quiet dark out yet but there's still a bunch of pretty lights. I rest my hands around his neck and he puts his around my waist.

"I'm sorry." He whispers into my ear "for everything." "Me too." I whisper back. I look back at Adrian and she has a huge smile spread across her face. I think we all deserve to be happy. "Let's just stay friends for now." I whisper "and if things work out then they work out." He frowns but covers it up by saying "okay." We go back to dancing and I just want to stay in this moment forever.

"Do you want to stay at the lake cabin with us?" Adrian asks Ricky nudging my shoulder. "Is any going to be there?" He asks. I quietly laugh, "of course she is!" Adrian says smiling.
"Then of course I'll go." It goes silent until Amar comes up telling us it's time to go.

*

It was only about a 20 minute drive and I'm putting my stuff in my room. We all have are own beside Amar and Adrian because well they just got married. "Ready?" Ricky asks coming into my room. He's wearing swim trunks on and sunglasses which actually look good on him. "I just need to change." I finally say snapping back into reality. "Okay," he says sitting on my bed. He takes out his phone and starts playing a game.

*

"Look!" I yell running up onto the dock. Red and blue fireworks spread across the sky. "It's beautiful just like you." Ricky says wrapping his arms around my waist from behind.
We watch the fireworks but Ricky looks at me more then them. "Want to jump in the lake?" I ask as the fireworks end.
"Of course!" We jump in hand in hand.

*
"Would you like to go on a walk with me?" Ricky asks pulling me into a hug.
"Sure," we walk down the side walk looking up at the sky with all the fireworks going off. There's been something that I feel like I really need to ask him before things go any further. "Did you cheat on me?" I ask him not looking in his eyes. "I'm really sorry." He says looking at the ground.

"I don't think we're going to work out." I say tears threatening to come out. I run away from him as I cry not wanting to see him right now.

There's no more Of me and him.