Chapter 5{one date}

Amy POV

"Hey Ricky" I say after giving John a hug. "What are you guys doing here?" I ask, a small smile forming on my face.

"I...me..John" he stumbles to say "wanted to see you. I also really need to talk to you."

"Okay well" I start to say until there's a knock on the door it's probably Ben. Before I can open the door Ricky is already there opening it. "Ricky!?" Ben looks at me confused.

"Look" I tell everyone "I am going out with Ben tonight and it's not a date, also I didn't know Ricky and John were coming so maybe you can stay here and watch john?" I ask looking over at Ricky.

"When do you think you will be back?" Ricky asks frowning.
"Around 8:00." I inform him.

Me and Ben leave the apartment and on the way down Ben looks at me and asks "did you know they were coming?"

"I had know idea I was just as surprised as you." I tell him. "He shouldn't do that" Ben says "I mean are you planning on getting back together with him?" He asks.

"I don't know Ben, honestly I have had thoughts about it but I don't know."

We walk over to this really nice restaurant and I order a burger not very fancy but I was just in the mood for a burger.

Me and Ben talk and catch up a little bit more I tell him about John and he talks about how much he has also missed John. "Do you think we will ever date again" Ben says "and forgive me for everything."

"That was a little off topic, but maybe I don't know. I have forgiven you that's why we are friends." I tell him with a small smile.

"I still love you Amy and I always will"
He grabs my hand and we stand up.
"How about a walk?" He asks with a smile. "I would love that."

Me and Ben walk into my apartment laughing and he has his arm around my shoulder.

Ricky is sitting on the chair in my living room reading a book he looks up after he hears us.

"Bye Ben" I say as I close the door.
"Looks like you to had fun" Ricky says sarcastically.
"We are not dating Ben is just my friend. I needed someone to talk too." I say slightly annoyed.
"Well can I talk to you?We need to talk." He says rolling his eyes.

"Okay, then let's talk"
I walk over to the couch and Ricky follows.

"I have really missed you Amy" Ricky says.
"I've missed you too, I'm sorry thing didn't work out."
He catches me up on how John is doing and how he is doing really excellent in pre school.
He leans in and kisses me and I kiss back it has been a while since I have kissed him.

"Will you go out with me?" He asks "to see if we really love each other and if we can make it work."
"I would love that." I tell him, a smile spreading across my face.

I ask one of my friends Jill that goes to the same college as me to watch John so me and Ricky can go out tonight.
"John is asleep so it won't be that bad" I say walking out the door.

I have this feeling that this time it might work with Ricky, I hope it does. I think I am in love with him.

He takes me to a really nice restaurant the whole time we laugh and smile, we just catch up. It is so fun being with him I don't want it to end.

We arrive back at the apartment and I turn towards him by the door and we kiss for awhile then I open the door because it's 9:00.

"Thanks for watching him" I say to Jill as she leaves.

Ricky grabs my hand and pulls me to the couch. We make out for awhile "just give me time" I whisper "stay on the coach tonight, or at least until I'm ready" I get up and go to my room.
I want to be ready but I'm not.