What Is Love?

You were lying in Ryker's arms again when he spoke softly to you while you still had your eyes closed. "You are so beautiful. How did I ever deserve to meet you?" He whispered as he played with a strand of your hair.

You opened your eyes slowly, only to see him watching at you as he was on his side. "I didn't mean to wake you." He apologized in a whispering tone. "It's okay. I was close to waking up anyway." You crawled closer to him and stole a sweet good morning kiss from him.

He wrapped his arm around your waist had gently squeezed your butt cheek. "You are just perfect for me." He flirted with you. "Am I?" You smiled as you got a little shy. "You are, indeed. I don't know how I deserved it to meet you, but I'm happy I did. I love you." He confessed to you.

A shock went through you and you shoved yourself away from him a bit. "What's wrong?" Ryker asked you a little surprised and confused, maybe even a little hurt as he didn't understand why you did this. "I..." You sighed out, but you couldn't make yourself tell him.

"Hey, you can tell me everything and anything. You know that." He shoved himself closer to you, pressing his body against yours and placed a kiss in your neck. "I don't know what love is..." You quickly spit it out to him.

Ryker rolled back onto his back and signed you over to come into his arms. You did and he exhaled deeply. "I will tell you what love is. At least, if you want me to tell you." He looked at you and smiled. You nodded to him and laid down, making yourself comfortable in his arms.

"Love is something very powerful..." He started. "But also very vulnerable. Love makes you want to be with the person, man or woman or even animal, and it makes you think about them all the time, every day. It is shared between those who truly believe they are meant to be together through their lifetime and that love can also create new life." He explained to you the best he could.

"Create new life?" You wondered. "Yes, when a man and a woman truly love each other beyond anything, they can decide if they want offspring. Children. A man gives his seed and a woman will bear a child until it is ready to be born. Everyone has a part in this story, but in the end, both the man and woman are meant to raise the child or children, depending on how many they want." He explained very patiently.

"But how can you show love to someone?" You were unsure about it. "Well, one way is..." He leaned in on you and raised your chin, pressing his lips against yours again as he made it feel very intimate. "Like that." Ryker smiled at you when he pulled away from you.

You looked him in the eyes and weren't sure what he meant. "What has a kiss to do with that?" You asked him. "A kiss is a physical way of showing someone you love that person. It can be a pleasant feeling if you kiss someone." Ryker held you lovingly by your waist as you laid on the ground together.

Suddenly, you started to feel uncomfortable with all of this. You got yourself out of his grip and stood up, walking out of the cave. "Where are you going?" Ryker asked perplexed. "Take some air." You answered him without looking back.

You found yourself a place where you could just watch over the empty oceans around you. Sitting there with your arms wrapped around your body and the wind blowing through your hair, you thought about everything Ryker told you about love.

You knew he had changed this emptiness inside of you and he made you feel special, but how could you be sure you loved him? And how can you love someone if you don't know really good what it all is about?

After an hour or so, you decided to go back to the cave. You walked into the mouth when you heard something strange coming from inside. You quickened your pace and hurried yourself to Ryker. What if he's in trouble?