Forever Her Dragon

Ten Months Ago

Ten Months Ago

"Hey, son. Is everything okay?" my dad asks when he answers.

I lean back in my chair and kick my feet up on the table in the main area of our shop. "Yes. No." I blow out a breath. "I don't fucking know."

"Talk to me."

"Charlie kissed Alek twice. And she's agreed to go on a date with him."

"How does that make you feel?" dad questions.

"Angry. Sad. Hurt." I pause so I can work through my thoughts. "Strangely, I'm also happy."

"Happy?"

"Yeah. I don't know. It's hard to explain. I'm happy she's trying to heal. I'm happy to know that I didn't break her so much that she's unable to move on, even if that's the last thing I want her doing."

"That's big of you, son. It's also a good step in your healing process."

"It still fucking hurts, dad. It's supposed to be me and her, ya know?"

"Yeah. It was supposed to be, Keaton, but it's not anymore. You accept that. You cheated on her. That was your choice. Now you have to let Charlie make hers while you focus on healing. If you don't heal yourself first, how do you plan on trying to heal what you broke between you two?"

We chat quietly for a bit longer before getting off the phone. Energy still burns through me, so I decide to call Brock and Kayla to see if they're down for hitting the bar. I don't think it'd be a good idea for me to go alone feeling like this.

"What's up, Keat?" Brock answers.

"You and Kayla have plans?"

"I planned on spending the rest of the night inside her, so whatever you need better be worth me giving up my woman's pussy for. What do you need?"

"The bar and a hell of a lot of alcohol."

"How bad do you need it?" he asks with a groan.

"Charlie texted. She kissed Alek and has agreed to go on a date."

"Fuck," he says. "We'll meet you there in ten."

Brock and Kayla know everything about me, Charlie, and Rianna. They've stated straight out they will never agree with what I did, but they know I'm also remorseful and trying to change. That's all they need to know to be friends with me. Drinking isn't something I do anymore, so he understands if I'm wanting it, then shit is bad.

Alcohol has never been my problem, but I also know it lowers inhibitions and it's possible to end up doing shit you've wanted to do, but didn't have the guts to sober. Until Rianna is no longer around and I have faith in myself that I won't fuck anything up, I'm not going to take the chance of drinking alone.

I feel absolutely nothing for Rianna anymore except extreme disgust, but I also would have sworn before that I didn't feel anything other than friendship for her, either. I proved that wrong when I fucked her bare against the pool house wall.