A Trip To The Pool House

***TRIGGER WARNING FOR FLASHBACK ON-PAGE EXPLICIT CHEATING***

When I woke up this morning and a rock sits in my gut, I should have known this day would end in shit. I just didn't understand how. If I did, I'm sure I'd have stayed in bed curled around Charlie.

My phone goes off and Rianna's name flashes on the screen.

Charlie is still sleeping, so I kiss her on the forehead and climb carefully from the bed, swiping my phone from the nightstand as I go.

"Hey," I murmur as I answer, keeping my voice low as I pull the bedroom door closed behind me. "What's up?"

"Hey, handsome. Did I wake you?"

Rianna's husky voice brushes over me and an unwanted shiver rattles my body.

"No. Just lying in bed with Char."

"You got plans for today? I'm bored."

I go over mine and Charlie's schedule in my head. "Not that I know of. What do you have in mind?"

I swear I hear her mutter "you" but I brush it off. It's such a ridiculous thought that I admonish myself.

Guilt wrestles inside me, and I'm not sure why.

"What?" I ask.

"I don't know. I just want to hang out. Everyone else is busy and I'm freaking tired of being lonely," she whines.

"Poor baby," I tease.

"I truly am," she giggles.

Glancing back at the bedroom door for a split second, I turn and head into the living room, plopping down on the couch. "You're a mess, Ri."

"Duh. You already know this, babe."

I clear my throat at her pet name and shift about until I can get comfortable. "Woman. Tell me what you want to do."

"David is having a party tonight. Are you going?" she asks sweetly.

I grimace and rub the back of my neck. "Now that you mention it, I think Charlie has plans for us to go."

"Sweet. I was invited too. So, why don't we just hang out around town until time, and then we can go together?"

"I don't know, Ri. Charlie already said something about wanting to go."

"And you will be, Kea. You can meet her there. I'm sure she won't mind. We both know she's going with Amelia, anyway. Right?"

"Yeah. She said she was going," I admit.

"See? So, it's okay. You don't want to be the third wheel again, do you?" she wheedles.

She's right. I'm constantly the third wheel with Charlie and Amelia. It feels like I never get time with just me and my girl anymore.

"You see, Kea. She's already slowly pushing you out. Childhood sweethearts never last, Keaton. She's already drifting from you. I saw her and Alek together. They seem to be getting pretty cozy."

They are. And David. They all seem to want my girl. Does she want them back? Maybe Ri is right and childhood sweethearts don't last past high school. Charlie and I have been spending less and less time together. She's always with Amelia and I'm with Rianna. We never have time outside of work and school.

We had sex...two days ago?

How did I not realize it's been that long?

Normally, we come together every day. Sometimes more than once.