Chapter 19

Vincent pulled up to the apartment complex that Artie Wilkerson resided in. He looked in his rearview mirror and smiled. As expected, Special Agent Sally Roux was still following him.

"So how long has it been since you've seen Artie? Will he be shocked to see you?" Vincent asked Wanda who was adjusting her lipstick.

"I see him around but we don't talk. A friend of mine, Trixie, told me where he lived a while back."

They both stepped out of Vincent's vehicle. Vincent turned around to where Sally Roux was parked and waved.

"What are you doing?" Wanda asked.

"I'm just being friendly to the FBI agent that's dumb enough to follow me."

"What? How long has he been following you?"

"She and don't worry...she wasn't following us when you picked up the Marijuana."

"You asshole! Did you set me up again? I'm your damned sister...how could you?"

The look he gave her was lethal. "Didn't I say not to worry?"

He began walking in the direction of Sally's car. "What are you doing?" Wanda whispered to him.

"I'm just making friends."

He knocked on Sally's window. He could hear her cursing inside her black SUV. "Hey Sally. I see you're sticking to me like glue these days. I'm not ashamed to say I find you attractive but I'm not really into forward women."

"McDaniels," Sally acknowledged him with a frustrated sigh.

"This here is Wanda," he gestured to Wanda who had her arms akimbo and head tilted to the right in confusion. "She's my sister."

"Nice to meet you," Wanda called out.

Sally gave a fake smile.

"We're going to see Wanda's son but I noticed you here. It's hot outside...did you want to join us?"

"Vincent!" Wanda took a step forward.

"What Wanda? I'm being polite. This law abiding FBI agent wants to know what I'm up to and she won't know unless she sees me at all times. Isn't that right...Sally?"

Sally hated him calling her by her first name. She looked at Wanda who appeared to be at a loss for words. She knew that she shouldn't but if he was going to try and push her around, she would push back. "You know what? I would love to join you two." She stepped out of her SUV and placed her sunglasses on her head. "What's your son's name Wanda?"

"Artie. Artie Wilkerson. You don't have to come you know. I'm not sure if he'll even let us in. I haven't really spoken to him in a while." Wanda kept rubbing her hands together in nervousness.

"Don't worry Wanda. I'll make the kid talk to you. Now let's go," Vincent started walking ahead of Sally and Wanda. When they got to his apartment door, Vincent knocked loudly. They could hear someone scrambling inside.

"Artie, it's me your uncle Vincent. I can hear you inside so open the damned door."

After a minute the door opened a crack and Artie looked outside to see his uncle, his mother, and a woman he didn't recognize.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

"Selling electricity. What does it look like you moron? Open the door," Vincent thought he was taking too long so he just pushed the door forward and walked in Artie's apartment. As they walked inside, Wanda looked around in wonder. She had never visited Artie before.

"You still have the bird!" Wanda smiled when she noticed Artie's green parakeet.

"Yeah," Artie had his head down.