Chapter 21

At Eva's House

It had been two days since David had left Eva's home and Jacob was still riled up. He didn't understand why Eva was involving herself with a man that had been known as the Demon King.

"He's not the Demon King Jacob," she had told him numerous times for the past forty-eight hours. Jacob still didn't trust him.

"He may not be the Demon King but that doesn't mean you should let JD near him," Jacob argued.

Eva sighed, "He's JD's father Jacob. Before everything with the Demon King happened, David was one of the few men I trusted. He's a good man."

"Exactly! That was before! You said it yourself Eva...he's got some secret plan against Vincent McDaniels. How could you possibly trust him?"

Eva wasn't able to give him a valid answer and Jacob let the matter drop. He knew Eva was notorious for endangering herself for her stories but he thought that had all stopped after JD was born. Now there was an awkward tension in the house as both Eva and Jacob knew they disagreed about David Wilson.

Jacob knew that talking to Eva would be useless. "I guess I'll have to handle this myself," Jacob muttered as he picked up his phone and dialed a number he didn't want to call.

Meanwhile

"Are you sure you don't mind me tagging along?" Ian asked Holly as she picked up the last few items belonging to Vincent McDaniels from the film's set.

"It's not a problem. I'm sure he'll be happy to hear from you before you leave town," Holly said softly as she looked at the small box she had in her hands. It held various travel mugs that Vincent had brought to the set and left behind.

Ian frowned, "I was surprised he didn't show up to the meeting we had two days ago."

"The director already told him about the film being cancelled."

"Was he upset?"

Holly's thin brows furled together, "I thought I told you. He was livid."

Ian chuckled, "Sorry but when I think of him yelling at you, I can't help but laugh."

"Aren't you upset too? I mean this could've been a big film for you," Holly asked.

Ian shrugged, "Even with the film being canned, I'm still getting good publicity. Fans are calling me a survivor. Plus I get to take a break before my next project."

Holly, "Well that's good then I guess."

"So what did he do when he found out?"

"Who do?"

"Vincent. What did Vincent do?" Ian was walking alongside Holly to her car.

"Well he broke things."

"Like what?"

"Why do you want to know?" Holly asked curiously.

Ian smiled, "I don't know. I'm just curious. He seems like such a good character study."

Holly didn't understand what Ian meant but she obliged him with an answer, "He broke anything he could get his hands on. I had to call his cleaning service to come fix the place up. I probably shouldn't be telling you this. It could get me fired."

"Don't worry Holly. I wouldn't tell anyone. I'm just curious. So where are we going?"

"He's at DeMarco's," Holly answered.

"Isn't that an Italian restaurant? I think I passed it my first day here."

Holly nodded, "It's pretty good. He said to meet him there so you can say goodbye."