Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Ludwig Cemetery

"Today we brought you roses," Jacob whispered as he held his nephew JD in his arms. They had just visited his mother and sister's graves and now they were visiting Joelynn's. Joelynn had been Jacob's best friend and would have been JD's second cousin.

Every other day, Jacob would come and visit the graves of the women he loved and lost.

"Joelynn you wouldn't believe it if you saw her. She was in front of everyone telling Vincent off. She's changed. Sometimes I'm worried because she acts like nothing bothers her," Jacob loved to give Joelynn updates on Eva. He thought that Joelynn would like them.

"Can you please keep an eye out for her Joelynn? I think she needs some help. I'm not sure if she'll take my help but maybe there's someone out there that'll help her see reason. I hear her crying sometimes when she thinks no one is around. I'm worried...so please. Keep an eye out for her, alright?"

"Who are you talking about, son?"

Jacob was startled by the voice and quickly felt anger wash over him, "I'm not your son. What are you doing here Vincent?"

"I'm on my way to pay my respects," Vincent laughed at Jacob's denial that he was his father and lifted a bouquet of lilies.

Jacob wondered who had been leaving lilies at his mother's grave. He had supposed it was one of her church friends. Now he knew it was Vincent McDaniels.

"My mom hated lilies," Jacob sneered.

Vincent laughed, "Really? She always used to wear lily perfume." Vincent looked at JD, "So this is my grandson?"

Jacob didn't reply to that, "Why are you bugging my mom in death after you hurt her in life?"

"Can you hurt someone by loving them?"

"Yes," Jacob said forcefully, "You can hurt them a lot. So stop visiting her grave."

Vincent ignored Jacob and smiled at JD, "He's handsome...just like his grandfather." He walked forward, leaving Jacob and JD behind. When he reached the grave of Lupita Torres, he placed the flowers down and pondered the events from the night prior.

Someone had entered his home and left behind a human tongue. More than likely it was the tongue of one of the victims that had been murdered while filming Raising the Demon King.

"Who would want to sabotage that movie?" Vincent thought. "Who would deliver a tongue to him?"

What really bothered Vincent was the fact that the tongue came with a note warning him that the police would be coming to his apartment.

The police never came. This made Vincent think that perhaps his new friend was toying with him. That was something Vincent didn't like. He didn't like the idea of anyone making fun of him. As far as he knew, he didn't know anyone that was brave or skilled enough to pull off these murders or hunts as Vincent thought of them.

"Who could it be?"

Vincent looked back at his son, Jacob, who was staring at him, his face full of fury.

Vincent wondered aloud, "It's not possible...is it?"

Across Town: Local Diner

Eva walked into the outdated fifties themed diner and grimaced when she caught a whiff of bacon fat and burnt eggs. It was decorated in shades of pink and sea foam green. Photographs of Elvis, Fats Domino, and Doris Day were plastered on the walls, attempting to help the diner provide a nostalgic atmosphere. The crooning voice of Johnny Mathis filled the air, making Eva wonder why she was asked to come here in the first place. It wasn't exactly her style. She looked across the pink vinyl booths and saw a woman she hadn't seen in weeks.