Chapter 19

A small package sat on her desk. Sally loudly exhaled her frustration as she already knew who it was from. She quickly opened it to reveal a small blue box.

"Is it another vial of blood?"

Sally jumped at the sound of her partner Donald Ferguson's voice. "Crap! You scared me!"

Donald laughed, "Sorry. I didn't mean to."

"Yeah? Then stop laughing about it," Sally sat down and handed him the box. He opened it and sure enough it was another vial of blood.

"I guess this is from the actress," Donald said.

"Lauren Bolgers? Yeah. Probably." Sally thought of the night prior. After leaving the house of Chad Harris, they had to check out the club where Lauren Bolgers was found. News of her death must've went viral because fans had filled the parking lot carrying lit candles, flowers, and their favorite Lauren Bolgers DVDs.

"The cast and crew from the movie are having a meeting today," Donald informed her.

"About what?"
"The movie's cancellation?"

Sally looked up at Donald, "Are you serious? They finally cancelled it?" She was smiling and Donald chuckled.

"Well you don't have to be so happy about it Roux."

"Please. Don't act like you're sad about it."

Donald smiled, "I'm not sad about the movie being cancelled. I know you're not either. Still, it's sad that so many people had to die for it to happen. We warned them to stop it sooner."

Sally nodded.

"There was a reason I came in here. We looked through her phone and there was a message I wanted you to see," Donald said as he handed her a folder. Sally took it from him and opened it. It was a screenshot of a text message from Lauren Bolgers to Ian Crawford.

"Stop being such an ass. You're killing me."

"It's probably nothing but we should check it out," Donald suggested.

Sally handed Donald the folder back, "Yeah. Knowing our luck, he'll just end up being another kid of Vincent McDaniels."

Meanwhile at Eva's House

"I told you to be very quiet," Eva whispered.

"Why? You said Jacob left for school an hour ago," David placed his hands on her waist and pulled her forward for a quick peck on the lips. Eva blushed and pulled herself out of his arms.

"Stop. You asked to see JD and I'll let you but no hanky panky."

"Hany panky? Where did you even hear that?"

Eva gave him a mock scowl, "Just be quiet." She turned around to face the stairs and smiled. She had spent several hours in the arms of David Wilson last night. She felt incredibly giddy and almost all the apprehension she felt towards him seemed to vanish.

Still, a small voice of warning lingered. It whispered in her ear, "Don't trust him just yet Eva."

Eva decided to ignore it. She wanted to be happy. Last night David was able to hold a conversation with Eva about the time before the Demon King came on board. He knew things about their friendship that only David would know. Slowly but surely, he gained her trust. She believed him. He wasn't the Demon King. He was her David.

"He's still napping so please whisper," Eva warned him.

David made an X over his heart as if promising to do so.

Eva stepped forward to JD's room and slowly opened the door. She heard David's breath hitch in his throat as he saw his son up close.

"Eva," David whispered.

She turned around to see his eyes tearing up. She smiled and waved him closer to the crib. She saw David wiping his eyes.

"He looks like an angel," David said as he reached forward to lightly touch his son's head.

"If he wasn't napping, I'd ask you to carry him," Eva said.

David looked away and wiped his eyes again, "Let's go. He needs to sleep."

They both walked back downstairs but Eva noticed David continued to look up towards JD's room.

"He's beautiful Eva."

"Yeah. He looks a lot like his father."

David shook his head, "I'm so sorry Eva. I should've come back to you both sooner. He's my son and he doesn't even know who I am."

Eva didn't say a word. It was a big leap of faith on her part to allow David to see her son. If Sally hadn't confirmed that it wasn't David that had threatened to kill her so many months ago, she would never have let him near her son.

"You did what you had to David."

"It wasn't enough. Once my plan is done. I want us to be a family again."

"Your plan?"

David nodded, "Please don't ask what it is. I need you to trust me."

"There's another killer on the loose and you want me to believe it isn't you?" There was a strong tone of disbelief in Eva's voice which surprised David.

"Eva. I'm not the bad guy here."

Eva laughed, "I'm kidding. Don't worry David. I trust you."

"You do?"
"I do." Eva grabbed his hand, "You want some coffee?"

"Got any Lucky Charms?"

She laughed, "As a matter of fact, I do." They headed to the kitchen and Eva began pouring David some cereal. "So David...who do you think the killer is? It can't be Vincent. He wouldn't want his precious movie ruined."

"Honestly? I think it's Chad Harris. If Christopher pretended to be me and was killed then it has to be Chad."

"It's an interesting theory. Unbelievable but interesting," Eva said as she placed a bowl of cereal in front of David.

He pulled her onto his lap and began kissing her. "My life has been pretty unbelievable so I'm sticking with my theory."

Eva giggled, "Yeah. It feels pretty unbelievable right now."

David took a few bites of his cereal when Eva patted his shoulder, "I'm sorry but you should probably get going. Jacob should be coming home soon."

"Don't you think we should tell him the truth?"

"Not yet. I'm not sure he would believe it," Eva answered.

"I'm sure he could."

"No. He hates Vincent. Up until this time, he's thought you've been the Demon King. He's not going to trust you."

"I got you to trust me and you're the most suspicious person I know," David whispered.

"Yeah but I also think you're the father of my son...so it made it a little easier."

"Fair enough," David smiled.

"You go ahead while I put this in the sink," Eva said picking up his bowl of cereal. As David took a step out of the kitchen and into the living room, he felt the cold barrel of a gun pressed against his head.

"Jacob!" Eva shouted as she saw him aiming a gun at David.

Jacob didn't waiver at the sound of Eva's voice, "I don't know what's going on here...but I don't like it."