Chapter 20

"So where's Vincent? I'm surprised he's not here yet," Ian whispered to Holly, who was sitting next to him.

"I called him this morning but he said to go to the meeting without him."

Ian glanced at some of the other cast members that had reddened eyes. They probably thought the local news would be allowed in on the meeting. Otherwise, there wouldn't be any fake tears on anyone.

"I didn't know so many people liked Lauren," Holly murmured.

Ian shook his head, "So Vincent must've been really mad. What did he say?"

Holly looked away and shrugged, "Not much. He said he wouldn't be coming and for me to go in his place."

"That's weird. I would've thought he'd be really angry."

Holly agreed, "I thought so too but maybe he expected all this to happen."

"Expected the movie to be shut down?"

"Yeah. I can't imagine he expected it to actually continue with so many people dying. I'm surprised the studio allowed it to go as long as they did. I feel bad for everyone involved in this film."

"Yeah. For some of these actors, this was going to be their breakout role," Ian sighed.

"I'm talking about the people that died."

"Well of course them too," Ian fidgeted in his seat, "There's a lot to feel bad about."

"What are they doing here?" Holly asked pointing at the two FBI agents that walked into the room.

"You know them?" Ian asked.

"I've seen them around a few times so I know they're FBI. I wonder if they're going to question us again."

"Again?"

Holly looked at Ian askance, "They didn't question you before?"

"Before what?"

"Well...anytime someone's died, almost all of the crew was questioned."

"I was never questioned," Ian admitted, "Wouldn't that be a good thing?"

"I guess so. I guess it would mean you're not on their suspect list. Still...it's strange. I thought they'd interview everyone."

Ian watched as the female agent scanned the crowd, her eyes stopping on him. He knew the moment she started walking towards him that she was looking for him. "Ian Crawford?"

"That's me," Ian waved a hand in the air.

She nodded and the male agent began to walk behind her. He stayed back only to answer his cellphone. Sally looked at Ian, "I'm special agent Sally Roux. I just have a few questions to ask you."

"By all means. Ask away," Ian put his hands in his pockets and waited for her to continue.

"I'm sorry for your loss. I heard you and Lauren were somewhat of a couple."

"We casually saw one another. It wasn't serious."

"Really? That's not what I was told. I heard that you and she had a pretty intimate relationship."

"That sounds more intimate than it really is. She probably had a similar relationship with more than just me."

Sally cleared her throat, "Are you saying she had more than one sexual partner?"

"No, I'm saying I don't know who she was sleeping with."

"Other than yourself of course," Sally said.