> "Over some stupid boy!" <

"Maybe I'm too emotional,          But your apathy is like a wound in salt"                    good 4 u - Olivia Rodrigo

But your apathy is like a wound in salt"
good 4 u - Olivia Rodrigo

I wrapped myself up into a tiny ball on my bed. My heart broken into little pieces. I sniffled before getting up from my bed and going over to my computer to book the nearest flight back home.

Greenville, North Carolina. 2:35am PDT to 5:35am EDT, one way.

I took online courses for school so working around my schedule won't be difficult. Being a biology major is kicking my ass. The only hard part about all of this is if I want to return to LA.

The flight was in two hours, I went to pack my entire life in a little suitcase. I grabbed a mask and my headphones and went out the door. I called an Uber as I waited on the curbside.

"Goodbye 'sunny' California." I whispered, sarcastically.

My phone dinged with a notification. 'Your Uber is arriving now!'

I looked around until I saw a small white car coming towards me. The window of the passenger side rolled down, "Uber for Y/N?"

I nodded before opening the back door and sliding in. I buckled in my seatbelt as the driver helped me load my suitcase into the trunk.

He got back into the car and started writing directions in his GPS.

"So, any plans for the future?" The friendly words directed at me.

"I'm visiting family." I shyly smile. I'm so close to breaking down.

"Ah yes, family is everything." He sighed, "Can I give you some advice?"

I titled my head. Well, this is a first.. "Go ahead."

"Don't take people for granted." He started, "Treat them with respect and kindness, don't throw them aside. Don't get side tracked from things that are most important to you."

I wanted to giggle. I've heard that so many times.

"I mistook my wife for granted. I was so wrong and by the time I realized that, she left me." He sniffled, "The thing I regret most is losing the love of my life."

My heart broke for him, "I'm so sorry."

"Don't be kiddo, just please. Listen to that and live by it." His voice cracking, "It's okay to experiment while you're still young, but you have to understand the outcomes."

My lips formed a thin line to show a small smile, "I will, I promise."

"Good." He smiled back.

><

"Thank you!" I waved to him, rating him 5-stars.

I walked over to security to check everything in. By this time, paparazzi have found out where I was and what happened between me and Luke.

Their faces and cameras pressed into the windows, trying to get a good glimpse of me. The person checking my luggage looked past me and raised his eyebrow. I sighed, "Weirdos."

He nodded, it was LA after all.

I walked over to wait at my terminal gate for my flight to be called. I was exhausted, I hadn't done anything except crying. My phone dinged with a notification.

Messages -

Mom ❤️☺️
Hi hunny, be safe. We will be picking you up once you land, can't wait to see you!!!

N/N 💗💗💗
I will! I love you

Mom ❤️☺️
Love you too N/N

><

My mother was the sweetest, I just wish people respected her privacy more. People took pictures of her everywhere she went last year after hearing the news of the filming of my new movie.

I put an arm over my eyes to stop more tears from flowing out. I shook my head and decided to distract myself with checking Instagram. I looked at the comments of my latest post from the premiere.

Comments -

User4 ALWAYS STUNNING

User59 😍

User6 BEAUTIFULLL

KarlJacobs :D

><

Karl Jacobs.. where have I heard that name from. Oh, it's that one guy that was really good at making conversation! I clicked on his profile to see that he was already following me. I followed him back and turned off my phone.

"Now boarding flight 554 to North Carolina." The intercom repeated. I walked over with my ticket and passport in hand, the beginning of a new chapter. A fresh start.

I looked for my seat, right by the window. I put on my seatbelt as the seatbelt button lit up. I put on my headphones to drown out the noise as the plane took off.

Cause it's too cold..
For you here,
And now, so let me hold
Both your hands in the holes of my sweater

My chin rested on my arm that was propped up on the armrest as we left California. I zoned out before I fell asleep.

><

The shuffling of feet awoke me. We were departing the plane, I took off my headphones and started making my way down the isle, towards the exit.

"Thank you for flying with us." A flight attendant said as I walked out.

I returned her a quick smile before running, fast walking, to baggage claim. I pulled out my phone as I waited for my suitcase.

Messages -

N/N 💗💗
Hi mom, I just landed! Getting my suitcase right now

Mom ❤️☺️
We're waiting for you already!!! So excited!!! Don't forget to wear a coat!

><

I spotted my tiny suitcase from the corner of my eye. I snatched it up and ran out into the airport lobby. I immediately spot my parents. Tears couldn't help but fall. I dropped my suitcase and ran into mom's open arms. I cried into her shoulders before giving dad a hug too. "I missed you so so much." I choked out.

"We missed you too." She kissed the top of my head.

"Let's go home." Dad said, holding my suitcase in his hand.

I smiled with tears filling my eyes.

"Let's go home."

Home was such a strange word to me. I could never define it. My home was in California but it was also here in North Carolina, but at both places, something was always missing.

><

Hello! Thank you so much for reading:)
Keep an eye out for the foreshadowing!

Have a good day and take care of yourself! :D

~ 🥕