> I Love You <

"I've never known someone like you" Glue Song - beabadoobee

Glue Song - beabadoobee

><

My mouth ran dry as I waited for his response.

"I got scared." He admitted, "I didn't realize how much I could love someone before I met you, I was scared to let you go. But, now I know sometimes I just have to have faith because I'm so proud of you and my intention wasn't to hold you back."

I stared wide-eyed, I didn't expect a detailed apology. Maybe it was the trauma from previous relationships that I expected a half-ass apology and a kiss.

"Why'd you come now? It's been weeks." My voice quivered, I wanted to throw myself at him, and pepper his face with kisses but I knew it was unhealthy and I needed an explanation.

"I wanted to chase you to the airport, but I have insecurities that I would never want to burden you with. I needed to clear my mind and speak from my head, rather than emotion." He reached out for my hand, our fingers interlocked as he continued. "I'm so sorry, I never want to hurt you. I don't want to lose you and I missed you so much." He let out a sob.

I instinctively went to cup his cheek, "My mind really doesn't want me to forgive you, but I listen to my heart. We will go through rough patches, but please don't run away, we can figure it out together."

"Together?" Tears brimmed his eyes.

"I promise." This time it felt like a new beginning, a fresh start.

I put my head onto his shoulder, "Even if this was the worst decision of my life, I'm happy you're by my side again."

He pulled me into a hug, our bodies tangled on the couch, not daring to move. If I moved, I was scared it was just going to be a dream.

Before I knew it, my eyes opened, the moonlight peeked through the curtains and light snores filled the room's silence.

Our legs and arms tangled together, trying to be closer than possible. I could now notice the small differences he had; his eye bags were deeper, the freckles sprinkled onto his face, and the way his eyelashes fluttered everytime he took a breath.

I ran my fingers through his brown curls, fixing the parts that sprang up. Karl mumbled in my arms before squinting his eyes open.

"Good morning." He murmured, pressing his face into my neck.

"It's midnight." I yawned.

His eyes peeked out, "I feel bad making you sleep on the couch."

I shook my head, "Maybe you should let some people know that you're okay."

Karl whined.

"Your phone has been blowing up for the past 30 minutes." I coaxed him to grab his phone.