> "Restart?" <

"There's things I wanna say to youBut I'll just let you live" Cinnamon Girl - Lana Del Rey

But I'll just let you live"
Cinnamon Girl - Lana Del Rey

><

A siren rang loudly outside of our cells. I rubbed my eyes looking down at Kris.

"What is it now?" I yawned, I repositioned myself to go back to sleep.

"Probably just Jimmy trying wake us up or something." Kris groaned.

"We're in this together now." My voice muffled in the thin piece of foam they call a pillow.

As we thought we were in the clear, one of the cameramen ran to our cells with keys, hastily opening it.

"What's going on?" I was still skeptical, I thought it was all a joke.

"There's a fire in the building!" The cameraman ushered us to follow him.

We followed up with him, close to sprinting.

"Where's Karl?" I yelled out.

"Where's Luke?" Kris asked next to me.

"They're all outside, we need to get you guys out, NOW." He became more and more worried.

I coughed once, "The air is so thick, what the hell."

Kris covered her nose and mouth with her hand.

The cameraman's eyes widened before fully booking it to the exit. The doors pushed open to reveal the still night sky. Red lights filled the woodlands, people huddled around the building. The cameraman, Daniel, was trying to catch his breath.

"Thank you." I gave him an awkward side hug. I hurried to look around.

I could spot him from miles away. He had seen me too and opened his arms that was covered in a blanket.

I ran to him, "Karl!" The blanket engulfed me but my body overcame with warmth.

"I was so worried, they told us we needed to get everyone out ASAP and they couldn't get you until after.." Karl rambled.

"At least I'm here now!" My gaze softened looking up to him.

I could feel a different set of eyes looking over to me. I shrugged it off but that could suppress the feeling of immense guilt. I looked over and his eyes quickly adverted mines.

"I'm gonna go check on what's going on, stay here." Karl said, redirecting my focus. He wrapped the blanket around me before running over to Jimmy.

"So." The familiar voice spoke up.

I grunted, "Don't talk to me."

"I'm sorry." He tried reaching out.

I shrugged off his hand, "Maybe sorry doesn't cut it this time." I made direct eye contact with him, "You promised you were going to love me forever."

"Listen." Luke stuttered, "Maybe if you weren't going off to different guys all the time, we would've still been together."

"What?!" I huffed in disbelief, "I'm an actor, those are roles!"

"Well." He clicked his tongue.

"What are you trying to call me?!"

"A whore." He sneered.

"Fuck you, get over yourself." I took a big exhale. "Forget it."

"Fine!" He made a share inhale, "I'm sorry. I was stupid, I didn't think about my actions." He wanted to say something more but couldn't spit it out.

"I've forgiven you for cheating three times now." Tears prickled my eyes. He's not worth your tears anymore, you're worth so much more. "I always thought you truly loved me so I didn't say anything."

"I do! I just.." He stared at his feet, "I don't know."

"Im sorry, I don't think I could forgive a betrayal like that." I turned away from him.

"Y/N! I realize my mistake, I want us to restart." He begged, "I'll be the boyfriend I never was."

"That's what you said the last two times now." A single tear rolled down my cheek, "Maybe this is for the best, don't contact me." I walked off to go meet Karl as he shivered against the winter air.

His lips curved into a smile as he realized my presence and slid himself into the blanket.

"You could've took the blanket with you." I giggled.

"Better for you than me." He shrugged as he rubbed his hands together.

I puffed out my cheeks.

"Are you okay?" He noticed tear stains.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"No, you're not."

"Just post-breakup things." I waved him off.

He gave me a hug before we stood in silence.

><

A notification sounded on Karl's phone.

"You got your phone back already?" I whined, "You're lucky."

"What the hell is he posting." Karl looked annoyed looking down at his phone, ignoring my question. A Twitter notification:

Luke 👾 - @herluke

Sometimes it's just right people, wrong time? Changing username now.

Replies -

User9 Bro shut the fuck up

User728 emo

User1917 LOVE YOU SM
^
User872 Bro don't love you, he don't know you
Luke 👾 - @whoisluke
Thanks for the support during this hard time.
^
User4 Nobody gives a fuck, clown

User9182 nah she didn't deserve you
^
User76 you deserve this ratio

User978 stop choosing sides people, wait until the queen herself addresses it <33

User192718 bro did y'all not break up months ago LMFAOOAOA
^
User192 HES OBSESSEDDDD

><

Karl was now looking at me, concern written on his face.

"I think I'm more nervous for my parents and how will this affect my schooling?" I chewed on my nail.

"Why are you worried?" He guided me to a bench as we waited for any further instructions.

I thought about it for a moment.. why was I scared?

"I'm scared of disappointment and putting my family at shame." I nervously said.

Karl huffed, he gave me a hug before settling in silence.

"What?"

"Miss smartie pants is scared of failing." Karl laughed.

"Hey!" I pouted, hiding a smile.

"I'm joking around, you won't disappoint anyone." Karl smiled at me. He placed an arm around my shoulder and used his thumb to soothe me, "You're okay, you'll be alright."

All I could do was to lean into him for support.

-

:0

Just for those who are curious of what caused the fire, there are cameras watching their every move. If a camera was on for several days for testing then filming, it would've started overheating. Most wouldn't notice and then, kaboom.