> SPONTANEOUS <

"Something happens and I'm head over heels"Head Over Heels - Tears for Fears

Head Over Heels - Tears for Fears

><

I woke up from all the screaming and groaning coming from downstairs. The girls around me also stirred awake, "What in the hell."

I dragged myself out of bed and down the stairs. My eyelids still heavy with sleep, I yawned before taking in what was in front of me.

Oops. I guess we didn't realize how bad the mess actually was, the guys were sweeping up flour and cleaning the entire kitchen.

I snorted, laughing as Quackity complained about being a maid to us.

"All because Karl wanted to impress-" George groaned before being caught off from a sharp inhale by Karl. A glare was passed between them, George chose to stay silent.

I looked over to Karl, who was making no effort to look me in the eyes. I guess I really did mess up, I knew it was the alcohol talking.

I was slightly hurt but decided to push that aside, when was the next time I was going to come to sunny Orlando anyways? Better make the best of it.

"So, is everyone okay with the beach?" Dream announced.

I looked up, dazed and confused, "What?"

"Y/N, we've been talking about it for the past 5 minutes! We all want to go to the beach, you want to come?" Dream wheezed.

I still wasn't present in the moment, "Yeah, yeah."

Dream kept rambling about the plans that I paid no attention to. I kept staring at Karl, one time I get the confidence to confess, the guy is scared off the next day. I sucked in my tears, it was a stupid reason to cry anyways. It's not like we were anything anyways.

I made eye contact with Karl, right as I was looking away. His stare lingered, but he was fidgeting with his rings more than normal. I slowly looked away just as everyone was disbanding to go pack for the beach.

I had a delayed start to go upstairs, my antics were stopped by Karl. He wrapped his hand around me wrist, "We have to talk."

Blood pulsed through my veins, "Yeah, we do."

We walked to the couch, a distance between us. Patches came running up to me right as I took a seat, we sat a cushion apart. I picked up Patches as she snuggled up into my arms.

I smiled looking at the tired cat in my arms before my mood changed, I faced Karl with a look of hesitancy.

"So." Karl started.

I took a deep breath, the silence was deafening.

"Do you actually like me?" His voice lingered with concern, "Or was a just a spontaneous one time thing."

My face soured and I just started laughing, "If you think I kissed you just to be spontaneous.."

He slowly started smiling, "You don't realize how different this played out in my head."

I leaned over to him before pulling him into a quick kiss, "Is that enough proof?"

His cheeks grew bright red, the color spreading to the tip of his ears.

"You're really cute, you know that right?" I giggled, "Anyways.. I'm going to go pack for the beach!" I hurried off, a smile stuck on my face. From the corner of my eyes, I can see Karl's face hiding behind his sweater paws.

I ran up the stairs, back into the room.

I released Patches right outside my door. She trotted off to Dream's room.

When I entered, I was met with squealing and excited faces.

"You're confident aren't you." Sylvee smiled.

Confusion struck my face, "What?"

"We all heard, everyone in this house has made a bet about you guys." Tina jumped around, "Thanks to you, I just won 20 bucks!"

"You put a bet on me?"

"We all saw right through you guys!" Hannah not looking up from her suitcase as she packed everyone's swimsuits.

My face dusted with pink, "I didn't know I was being so obvious!"

"Not enough for both your blind asses to see." Quackity snorted as him, Sapnap, and George, walked into the room.

"Did you tell him you were leaving." Hannah sighed.

"No." I felt guilty, but it didn't feel right to. Everything was working out so perfectly, "I will soon."

"N/N, you leave tomorrow night." Hannah's eyes softened.

"Wait?! You're leaving?" George gasped.

"I have to go to Switzerland, I got a new role." I was ashamed, what kind of friend was I.

"We're so proud of you N/N!" Quackity ran up to me, tackling me onto the mattresses, "No matter if you decide to be an ass and ditch us!"

I laughed, "Fuck off, Q!"

Quackity pretended to cry, until George made him sit back down.

"Yeah, but I'm going to miss you guys so much!" I pouted, "I'm not going to be in the states for a minimum of 2 years!"

"How about.. we just make the best of your last moments." Sapnap smiled, "Everything's going to be okay."

I hated feeling like a burden, but it did make me feel more comfortable, "Yeah."

"Alright, get off your asses! Stop moping! Let's go to the beach!" Quackity cheered, running out of the room.

Everyone was laughing as we chased after him, we acted like kids but how else could you act when you won't see someone for years; and these were going to be your last moments.

I caught a glimpse of Karl, walking out of his room with sunglasses and bags in hand. I slowed down before walking right next to him, hand in hand.

We talked all the way to the door, telling each other affectionate phrases or jokes.

"I like this." I whispered into his shoulder as we waited at the front door.

"Promise me you won't change you mind." He kissed the top of my head.

"I promise." We stood in an embrace instead, the scent of his cologne engulfed me. I want this to last forever.

><

HELLO! Shorter chapter, but look at these cuties :,)

I wonder what will happen with their relationship.. oh no..

FIRST PROMISE MADE! Will she keep it?

THOUGHTS? PREDICTIONS? COMMENTS?

Have a good day and take care of yourself! :)

~ 🥕