2

《Back to the beginning》

In the small alley where a densely populated slum is situated, a man in his twenties was begging for mercy. The tall built man stood infront of the guy almost like an expressionless pervert. But nobody would dare to say it out loud.

"Yibo , Yibo , forgive me. I beg you, forgive me, give me a chance , please." The man's identity was unknown. His face was covered in black and white dirt, with the sweat mixed in it looked utterly disgusting.

"I beg you, please. Don't kill me. I fall into your feet , please...please Yibo don't kill me." The man clasped his own hands together and bowed towards Yibo's feet.

At this time, Yibo moved. He sat down fiddling with the pockets of his pant. Finally finding what he wanted, he 'shhh'ed the crying man. But who can even stay calm while facing death.

On Yibo's palm laid a match box. He glanced at the man, "Are you praying? You think if you pray now, God will descend to help you?"

Taking out a match stick, he waved it infront of the man's eyes. "Keep praying then. I'll give you time until the whole stick is done burning. "

Yibo's eyes were cold and sharp which scared the sh*t out of the man. He was so scared that , he pulled himself up and hid under one of the table nearby.

Somewhere in this place, people should be celebrating something. The sound was getting louder and louder. Bending over , Yibo whispered "Time is up." He was about to reach out his hand to drag the man over.

All of a sudden, gunshot rang out. Yibo straightened up his back while looking back at the person who had the guts to pull the trigger on him. Within a second,  his eyes focused on a boy that should reach his shoulder. He looked like he was not more than 18, quite young. His hands holding the gun was shaking so badly that none of the 3 shots scratched even his skin.

The man screamed, " Yibo , its my fault. My fault. Let me go , sorry, ah, I'm wrong."

Yibo avoided one more bullet as he grabbed the man's collar,  dragged him out. He looked at the fire on the other side. There was a few abandoned furniture there, clothes , electric things, wooden furniture,  plastic all piled up together. Previously it was him who set the fire while chatting 'casually'. Now it came handy.

"Here, letting you go." Yibo said with his deep voice with no emotional fluctuations. The man fell on the sea of fire.

That boy screamed, "brother!"

Oh ? His little brother? Their old mother was holding the young boy's hand so he will not be able to shoot , afraid that he would kill people.  But she didn't expect to really lose her eldest son. She was stunned.

When Yibo strode over with murderous eyes, the boy was naturally scared silly. He ran back into another alley and opened the door of a room at the side. The alley was dirty and smelly. How could yibo let the boy hide ? He broke in and saw the boy crouching under the bed.

Dumbfounded,  yibo thought, does this family have addiction to hide under some things or what. It won't help anyway.

He sat down with patience and pulled the hanging bed sheets aside to see the curled up boy. He was genuinely scared.

Yibo's hand stopped.  A scene snapped up in his view.

A young boy, not more than 16 or 17, was crouching under the bed. His eyes were wide open. His hands wrapping around his knees . The arms weren't clean , whether it's dirt or cuts or bruise everything was stacked until the true colour of his skin couldn't be seen at all. When the boy saw someone pulling up the bed sheet, he gazed up with caution. He looked pitiful, weak  and scared.