7

The next day, Yibo with 2 of his colleagues went to find Zhan. With Yibo's identity it was nothing for him to find out the whereabouts of Zhan.

Yibo got of his jeep. His colleagues cleverly didn't follow behind him. What Yibo saw when he found Zhan was that, he( zhan) stood in far away from the place where a person's funeral was held.

Yibo didn't look surprised when he saw whose funeral it is. It's the old lady's funeral who just celebrated her marriage with 'momo'. Then he saw Zhan taking  out his camera and capture the picture with a faint arc on his lips.

Yibo didn't understand Zhan's action. Shouldn't he be sad?

Only zhan knew what was going on inside his own head. The old lady finally had her last wish completed and she left with a smile on her face. Her last wish, was to see her love again, fall in love and marry him once again.

How does it feels to have all your wishes come true before death?

Yibo strode over to Zhan in large steps and threw the diary at Zhan before walking away.

Zhan was Staltered but when he saw the diary he ran after yibo with a smile.
"Hey , yibo , thank you very much . I was so worried. Actually, you know what. You are very nice. You're not that much of a big villain you want to show to everyone. You've some goodness left inside of you-"

Yibo cut off Zhan.
"I'm not nice, instead I'm extremely baas."
"What do you think of yourself ? Everyone's life matters only because of the wishes in your diary? You click picture now and then ,for what ? Telling jokes in every chance , what do you want to prove? Look, that's death. Look at death."

Yibo pointed his finger at the mourning people.

"Do you think this is joke?"

Listening to Yibo's stern and  angry comments , Zhan didn't know what he felt. He instead showed a mocking smile. Yibo looked on with a frown as Zhan tried hard to reply,

"The biggest joke is that , death is even laughing at me. Yes.."

After a pause , Zhan said with a laugh, "Yibo, I'm dying.  I'm going to die, really."

Yibo's frown deepened. He felt his heartbeat speed up. What is Zhan even saying. Who will die? At this moment,  Yibo who never understood emotions , couldn't even imagine how much painful it's for zhan to say this. How much strong he had to be to express something like this while laughing?

Yes , Yibo can't imagine. But the pain must be intense, he can tell.

He wanted to desperately comfort Zhan and apologise,  in any case,  he'll endure any punishment that zhan wants to give him. Anything.

Just when Yibo convinced himself to finally take the initiative, he heard Zhan say, 
"All these wishes in my diary are my last wishes. I wish to fulfil them before I die. But I'm not even sure if i can fulfil them before my death though. It's just, when death comes , I can peacefully have two cups of wine and close my eyes."

Anybody hearing this heartbreaking words won't be able to held themselves from hugging the person. Yibo's fist tightened as he looked at the diary in Zhan's hand. He was angry. Angry at himself  , angry at fate , angry at zhan. Why did he have to bring it up? Why is fate playing this innocent guy like this ? Why did zhan had to forcefully laugh and say everything like he was reciting a script? Even if he cries , Yibo will never despise Zhan.

[Many years later... ]

Infront of Zhan's grave , Yibo could still remember how Zhan laughed. The sound of his laughter lingered in his head.

At this time , the CVI officer Zhou Cheng embraced the rain and stood beside Yibo with a straight back. His voice didn't flutter when he said firmly ,
"If you make friendship with a snake , it's normal that it'll come knock on your door. Your boss Wen Chao killed him. Now , you won't bite the one who taught you how to bark anyway. How do you plan to end Wen Chao?  I'll take this much pity on you. I'll kill him. No matter where he is , I'll find him."

With that saying,  Zhou Cheng turned to leave , never looking back again.

Yibo , who was wet head to toe didn't move an inch. Because of staying in the rain for so long, his skin turned white , almost transparent. Behind him, Momo , the one he and Zhan kidnapped years ago stood with few people's support. His eyes filled with tears, his hands and legs started to shake , he is old after all.

People came and went , one after another. Nobody dared to say anything to comfort him . They knew how much affection he had for Zhan, no comfort will bring him peace.

He didn't shed even a drop of tears. It was until he was the only one left in the graveyard.  Finally moving his muscles , he knelt down and leaned against the tombstone.

It was already evening, yet the rain seemed to know his indescribable sadness, it continued to cry along with him.  Yibo's forehead touched the picture on the tombstone. There , Zhan was laughing brightly at him.

Yibo caressed the picture as he kissed Zhan's picture. He felt like he fell into an abyss. All his light was snatched away , falling into darkness. Despite the unspeakable sadness, he still couldn't shed any tear. However he was desperately crying inside.

"Zhan.."

"Zhanzhan .... my little Zhan..."

"Can you hear me ?"

A thunder responded him.

"It's you baby , is it you..?"

"I'm sorry baby..I'm sorry...I'm sorry.."

That whole night, a lonely person stayed leaning against a tombstone  , mumbling a name again and again , apologising again and again.