14 : playing with butterflies

I thought he said that in a whim , that he'll help me fulfil every wishes written in my diary. Actually, I'm not too obsessed with it and I don't expect to fulfil all of them. I've seen enough already.

When he said that he'd help me , a thought came into my mind almost instantly , is he...pitying me? But I don't want sympathy from him. And then he told me his story and I felt extremely guilty for speaking out. After listening to him and his kill records , strangely , I don't feel scared but I kind of admire him. That little boy who was just a child could still hold on and become so strong that no one can carelessly mess with him.

But never thought, this man who always seemed so distant would be drawn closer to me in one swap.

I can see it from his eyes. He doesn't reject my presence anymore. Whenever I look into his eyes, I can see many emotions brewing quietly, maybe he himself didn't realise it or maybe did. Whenever I'm around him, he'd protect me almost instinctively.

When I go out everyday , I would often see him tailing me , sometimes secretly , sometimes openly. Its strange, whenever I see him , my heart starts to beat crazily and I become flustered. That attentive gaze , no one ever looked at me like that.

He himself emphasises everytime that , he is not a good person. He IS a good person , he just needed a helping hand.

Who would've known that one morning , when I opened the windows of my house , I would see him sitting outside beside his jeep. He immediately saw me when I opened the windows. Was he waiting here for a long time?

I waved at him and he nodded back. I bit my lips and fell into a daze.

It was too early and there are hardly any people outside. The sun isn't up yet. The cool breeze hit my skins , I saw his hair dancing with the wind and his aloof appearance. I couldn't help but compare him with one of the prince from fairytale.

Isn't it cold outside? Oh no, he'll get sick if he keeps on standing there.

So I hurriedly ran downstairs. When I was about to say something, he frowned.

Ah ? What's wrong ?

"Why...why are you outside? It's cold outside, why don't you-"

He said interrupting me , "so you know it's cold outside."

What did that mean?
"Obviously I know its cold outside." I looked at him with a puzzled expression.

"Silly"

I heard him murmer something.

"Huh?what ?"

He frowned deeper as he opened his mouth , "Go inside."

"Ah..Okay."

I subconsciously replied. When I walked a few steps , I realised something. Don't tell me that this villain is worried about me ?
A sweet feeling took over me as I lifted the corners of my lips. I turned and locked gaze with Yibo.

"Not going in already?"

"You come too. Don't you feel cold too?" I asked with a smile.

He thought he covered his expression well. But I could clearly see that his frowning brows relaxed as he looked somewhere else for a moment. How cute.

I gathered some courage and stepped closer to him. I took his hand and walked towards the door of my house. His hands are bigger and more rough than mine.

When I touched his hand, I could feel him tensed up. Just when I was afraid that he would shake my hands off , he gripped it tighter. There was also a finger that caressed my hand. I'm really happy , he...didn't reject me. That means....he also...feels the same as me ?

Taking initiatives...sometimes aren't as bad as I thought !

When we walked to the living room I loosened the grip but he didn't let go yet. I grinned as I turned to face this guy.
"Do you want some warm tea ? I didn't eat breakfast, let's eat together. "

"Okay." He said.

I looked at our conjoined hands and grinned , "Hey villain. If you don't let go , I'll have trouble preparing food."

Yibo froze for a second and naturally let go of my hand.

Later , I asked him, why did he come here. I didn't ask him how he knows the address of my home. He must have had some ways.

But no matter what I did , he didn't tell me. He just said , he'll bring me somewhere. I wanted to take my bike but he refused. So we took his car.

So what was waiting for me ?

A huge waterfall in the middle of a jungle. Butterflies and birds were everywhere. I was amazed by the beauty of this place..i wondered how Yibo found this place.

I looked behind at the man. Yibo took off his shirt and tied it around his waist. He had a white t shirt underneath exposing his strong arm. All the way , he walked infront of me and cleared the way.

It was all for me..

All for me..

I looked at the beautiful butterflies. I was scared to even move, what if they fly away?

At that time, suddenly Yibo stood behind me and covered the back of my hand with his hand . He lifted his arm up and made my palm face upwards.

As if he knew some magic , a beautiful butterfly with a blue wings flapped it's wings and quietly sat on our palm.

I was so exited that I couldn't mind his approach at all. Instead , I turned to face him. Without realising how close our faces were to each other , I asked him to take a picture.

Luckily, when he clicked the picture, the butterfly seemed to just fly away. So the picture came out like this ,

I was looking at the butterfly as it flew upwards from my palm.

At the end of the day , I was so happy that I couldn't wait to hug this guy. But when I did , he froze once again for a minute , even forgot to hug me back or push me away.

I was embarrassed, so when I wanted to let go , he hugged me even tighter. I felt reassured and laughed cheerfully. What can I do...he is just so good to me.

That very night, I attached the picture to my diary as I crossed out the wish : playing with butterflies.