21

The nurse got a good scare. Her hands shook as she searched the cabinet beside her. Finally found a thumb size bottle and took out a big injection. She stammered to say that 'have to inject it on his chest , right where the heart is.'

But she couldn't form a full sentence. She was very scared.

Yibo understood. Seeing the nurse can't accurately position the needle,  he snatched it from her and stabbed it himself. The next moment , he saw the guy making small movement.

Saved

Great.

Yibo sighed.

Then he got up and patted the non existing dust from his shirt. At this time , the female nurse asked while facing him, "Why did you save him? Didn't he kill your close one? Don't you want him to die ?"

Yibo don't want to answer at first but then decided to reply , "no one in the world wants him dead more than me. But dying like this , is too cheap for him."

After that he walked out of the room and walked straight outside. A distant memory floated infront of his eyes.

[Past]

He stood on the side while a old woman was answering the question of the judge.

"The suspect who killed your son, is he present in this court?"

Her son?

Yup, the one he killed in the alley , the one he threw into the fire. While his younger brother took Gun to shoot him but his mother stopped the guy.[ In the very first chapter-the murder he committed]

He saw the old woman shaking her head.
"No, he isn't present today."

Yibo was surprised. She denied..why?

"Are you sure ?"

"Yes. My son committed suicide. There is no suspect. " The old woman said without any emotion.

Officer Zhou Cheng sat on the jury's seat and witnessed all of it . He handled the case, he knew it very well who killed whom. He was angry. While glancing at Yibo, he thought to himself,  this guy managed to get away again.

The case was closed , just like that.

Yibo stood outside the court , watching the crowd leaving. Then he saw the old woman coming to him with the younger brother in tow. Zhou Cheng was also standing at a distance,  glaring at him.

Yibo frowned at the old woman.

She spoke,  "do you know why I didn't give testimony of your crime ? It's because, the worldly punishment is too light for you. The true punishment will be given by God. One day, just like how you killed my close one , someone close to you will die just like that. They will die in front of you but you'll be unable to do anything."

How could yibo know back then, he would really lose his close person too.

He only thought , that will not happen. He's not close to anyone..so the question of who'll die is invalid.
.
.
.
.
.

Then one day, Xiao Zhan took his luggage and put it on the shelf. He looked outside from the window of the train, his eyes quietly searching for someone.

In front of him, sat an old uncle. He is the pet shop owned he often visited. He would often go to the store and play with animals. They knew each other for many years.

"You're always running one place to another. What are you escaping for now?"

The old man asked Zhan.

Zhan avoided the old man's eye as he murmured, "I'm not running from anyone.."

"Look, boy, there are two types of smile in the world. A smile either help people cover up their sadness or a smile that helps people forget their sadness. This smile...you've got after meeting that child, from his love."