6

Looks like that silly boy really fooled him. He accompanied the boy to a church not knowing what he's set on. Then he saw the sight of Zhan walking with a old lady in bridal dress, hand in hand. When they crossed by him, Yibo shook his head and intended to leave. It has nothing to do with him.

But he felt surprised when the old lady grabbed his arm. He turned around and saw the old lady and Zhan's smiling face.
Yibo heard her old voice , " where are you going , kid? At least stay until the wedding is completed.  We've not even thanked you properly."

Yibo didn't know what to say to that remark 'kid' but he couldn't say no while facing those two pair of shining eyes.

Throughout the wedding , he found a corner and stand there leaning. He...really doesn't suit in these type of occasion. During this whole time , he forced himself to stay and not leave.

At the end of the ceremony, the old couple cut the huge cake and gave everyone a piece of it. He didn't expect to get one too. He didn't eat immediately , just stared at the cake thinking if he should eat or not. But then , he was forcefully dragged over by the couple to take a group picture. He had no idea why they pulled him over , isn't he a complete stranger, a hired kidnapper at that.

He starred at zhan thinking if he spouted nonsense to the old couple. There was a click and the picture was already taken.
In the picture,  the couple stood in the middle. Zhan was smiling brightly at the camera while standing at the left side of the couple. Yibo stood at the right and he was staring at zhan with a frown on his face.

He realised it wasn't even a wedding. It was a engagement party.

To stay for the wedding...isn't this a bit too..

Right now Yibo , who knew nothing of these things , felt like a fool. Speechless, he could only stay the night.

Only a day, after that he'll leave. Yibo thought in this heart.

The night passed quickly but for Yibo who could hardly sleep , it was a long night. Don't ask why he couldn't sleep . Beside countless bothersome thoughts, there was a guy who occupied most of it.

That very night, Zhan sat beside the window while turning the pages of his diary. Finally finding the right page, he stuck the group picture on it and at the same time cut the words written there,

Unite two lovers.

After doing all that, he carefully observed the picture. Unknown to him, his eyes stayed on Yibo for a while.

The next day , he was super busy. He was checking if the decorations were in place or not. But who knew that he would slip and fall on his butt.

"Ugh" Zhan let out a groan. He sat there for a while , then he saw two legs stopping right before him. Looking up zhan saw it was none other than Yibo who was frowning.

Surprise flashed through Zhan's mind.
"You haven't left? I thought-"

"Get up." Yibo said.

Zhan came to his senses and looked left and right, seeing no one he sighed in relief. "You saw nothing , right ?"

Yibo looked at Zhan , saying with a straight face, "Are you a kid? Can't you look where you are walking ?"

Okay, now zhan felt a bit embarrassed. Yibo saw it all.
" will it hurt you to say that you saw nothing? Save me some face , you villain. "

Yibo didn't know what to say to that.

Zhan seemed to think of something and smiled cunningly.
"Hey , Yibo. Look there."

Zhan pointed at the bamboo poles joint by rope. It was damn high. One needs to climb to tie knots. "Can you please help me tighten the knot there ? Everyone here is afraid of height , you're not right? Then please please help me. If you fall, i promise to not to make fun of you."

Yibo sneered in his heart. This guy just wants to see him fall on his face.

After successfully climbing over , he tied the knot once again as he glanced down. Only to see Zhan talking to someone. The sun already was on the sky, glaring furiously. Zhan was having trouble as he blocked the sun with his hands.

Noticing this, Yibo stood up with the support of the bamboo pole , blocking the sun. Zhan looked up at the same time. Realising Yibo's actions , he flashed a huge smile at Yibo.

Yibo was afraid that he would really fall after seeing that smile. So he indifferently averted his eyes and  started to come down.

After the wedding was finally done, everyone started to leave. It was already late at night. There was a middle aged man who approached Zhan and say something to him. Zhan nodded and tried to stuff the diary into his shoulder bag but unfortunately it fell off.

Zhan didn't even realise it and left with the man in a hurry.

Yibo who was left behind , witnessed it all. He walked to where zhan stood previously and took the diary. Curious,  he opened it and the page had the title "wishes"

Yibo raised an eyebrow and looked at the direction where zhan had gone. It seemed that Zhan knew that man he left with, so Yibo decided to leave. About the diary,  he'll see.

*****

"Bro, look at these strange wishes."

"To watch a peacock dance in the rain."

"Fly like a bird with the wind."

"Catch a butterfly and play with them."

"Touch the first snow"

Yibo who was lifting a heavy  tier didn't care about his friend who was invading someone else's privacy. These wishes are indeed childish. There's nothing important, so he didn't mind much of it.

It was until he read out a particular sentence that made yibo pause and come to his senses.

"To..to save a life ? Huh? To save a life! Boss haha , look, he wants to save a life haha."

Yibo frowned , deep in thought, save a life?

Within a second he snapped back to reality. Yes , that's right. He is a criminal, a murderer. He takes lives without having much thoughts. While Zhan , who've never faced the vicissitudes of life naturally was innocent. He would be terrified if he saw the scene of him taking lives one day. So, it's indeed better to cut ties before things get serious.

Yibo swiftly snatched the diary and said gloomily,  "stop wasting time and go to work."

That colleague of him shivered hearing Yibo's somewhat cold voice and immediately slipped away before he got beaten.