1

It was in the morning when Xiao zhan was driving a jeep , planning to return home. The road was a bit narrow and there were holes here and there. On the passenger seat, sat a cat. Zhan was laughing and joking with the cat in a bright mood.

But suddenly , in front of his car a kid came running, probably to catch the ball they were playing with. Zhan had no choice but to turn the car sideways and brake with much strength. The abrupt stop almost made him fly out of the car if he didn't have seat belts on.

Zhan calmed down and looked back at the crowd of childrens. He worriedly shouted, "Hey kids! Are you guys okay?"

The childrens were playing and didn't give any heed to Zhan who was almost scared to death. Zhan sat back on his seat and took a breath. 

Zhan looked back again and took the car in reverse. He saw a man on the  construction side. The man had normal staff clothes and yellow cap. He was taking out few materials from the pick up vehicle.

"Hey, hey, hello! Yes, you." Zhan stopped behind the working man and called out.

Seeing the man notice him, zhan said," This city has enough holes on the streets and look how you have dug out another one, it has been already 2 weeks! Today those kids and my xiaobao was saved from the death's door thank god. Why are you guys are so irresponsible? Next time, what if someone else's life ends because of this ?
And do you guys even care if someone lives or dies?"

The man didn't turn back to face Zhan but kept doing his work. He said, " Don't worry, sir. After today you will not have any chance to complain."

"Really ? Let's see then" Zhan didn't hear the hidden threat but smiled again and drove off. Treating him like any other else.

Zhan sat down in the bedroom. This room is his favourite because there were many picture of him and his lover here. Every walls have those picture without any miss. Looking at them , Zhan's mood refreshes automatically.

He scrolled through the conversation with his lover, Wang Yibo and decided to send him a voice message.  Zhan knew Yibo might be busy so he choose this option.

"Hi! I just wanted you to know that I'm proud of you. I wholeheartedly believe that in life whatever you will do always be right. No matter how hard the hardship is, now it will never get dark." He said as he gave a kiss and sent the message.

Then he began to blow the balloons and decorate the house with colourful little lights. The balloons were all yellow and had smiley face printed on them. It was the smile emoji. Zhan didn't know why,  he really liked this emoji , he felt this emoji was really special to him.

He laid down on the bed opening his diary to take a look and then closed it again , pressing it to his heart .
Just at this moment, his cellphone rang. Seeing the familiar caller, zhan didn't hesitate to pick it up. He was the first one to say excitedly, "Hello!"

The other side had a very cool voice and gentleness could be felt within every words he spoke. His tone was somehow careless, he said, "Which one do you want to hear first ? Bad news or very bad news ?"

The other side didn't wait to hear Zhan's reply. While zhan jumped up from the bed pacing back and forth, the other side calmly said, " the bad news is that everyday from tomorrow 9 to 5 you have to live without me."

"And very bad news is that everyday from 9 to 5 I will not be able to live without you."

Zhan stopped at his place. His hands and feet felt like they have lost their strength. What is he talking about? Zhan felt his hands go cold as he nervously replied, "Y-Yibo...what..."

The other side chuckled. Though it's hard to say , he had excitement in his voice, zhan found feel it.
Yibo said, "Zhan baby! I got the job! I got it.. and now go, erase that wish from your diary. I successfully stood on my own feet."