17: To watch the peacock dance

Since we confessed our love to each other, he hardly ever left me alone. We slept together and ate together . He accompanied me in everything I did. Of course , he had some jobs again and went out from time to time. But he always returned before it got dark.

Today, we are going to the mountains. I saw the broadcast , it said that it might rain today or tomorrow. I know a place where there are many many peacocks. Why do I want to see them dancing? They look just so pretty and free. And cute too!

But I heard that they only dances when the first rain falls. That's why I'm a bit worried. But yibo didn't hesitate to pack some things in a bag and go out. Just like that. How sweet of him.

I'm also a bit worried about his stone face. It won't move no matter what. But I've noticed something. His expressions...ah, I meant expression isn't as aggressive as it was in the beginning. When he looks at me , his face only has gentleness written all over.

I hope he smiles more. He will look like a movie star if he had more expressions.

He treats me very well. I didn't even imagine in the past,  that this savage person who was beaten black and blue in the jail , would have this side of him. Never knew , he can be this much tolerant and gentle.

No matter what i do , nothing angers him. This makes me want to test his endurance. But I know better than anyone else that I must not try it out.

These days, I keep on feeling a bit weak. I feel my eyes blacken all of a sudden. I get anxious and I feel my head spinning all of a sudden. I know my illness is getting worse and these symptoms keeps reminding me of my nearing end.. I didn't tell Yibo. Given this guy's personality,  he'll definitely be worried and won't even let me walk a step on my own.

I locked the door of my house and went to get into his jeep. I sat on the seat and Said to him , "Let's go , villain !"

"Why do you keep on calling me villain? " Yibo helplessly messed up my hair as he helped me put on a seat belt.

"Why do I call you that ? " I looked away and awkwardly scratched my neck. "Isn't it because you looked scary before? Just looking at your eyes scared the soul out of me every time."

Yibo's eyebrows twitched and he found it hard to hold back, "But as far as I can remember,  it was a certain person who kept on clinging onto me."

"Who said I clung to you!? You don't even know just much time i needed to prepare myself to face your yama face."

"What about now ? Do I still scare you?"

"Huh!? How can it be ? You didn't know me then , so you were so cold to me. Now you're familiar with me , I'm familiar with you , i stopped getting scares a long ago."

Yibo shook his head as he started the car.

Few hours later , I looked up at the tall mountain. Just looking at the height,  makes my legs go weak. Come on, I rarely exercise....now how do I hike to that top?

I don't wanna be looked down upon by yibo. So I reluctantly took out some hiking equipments and set out for the journey.

From outside you won't be able to tell Yibo had this much strength. He claimed for so long and didn't even breath heavily. Looking at his lonely back as he walked before me , I wanted to be a bit livelier.

I breathed in as I increased my speed . Directly bypassing Yibo who merely warned him, "be careful . Don't fall."

I walked , walked and walked but when I looked up again, i saw Yibo's back.

What the hell...

How did I end up walking behind again.

And thanks to Yibo's crows mouth. I really fell.

I felt dizzy again. My eyes blackened again. My body feels damn weak. Yibo who already walked a distance turned around to see this scene, I suppose.

So he ran back and pulled me up. Shaking me lightly as he said with a trembling voice, " zhan ? Zhan ? What's wrong? What happened?"

"Let me rest for a while Yibo. I'm alright, I'll be able to reach the top."

I watched hin frown once again. Sure enough, he said ,"We'll not go there today. Let's go to hospital,  okay ? We'll come back again some day."

"But I won't be able to live up to that day. They only dances in the first rain..Yibo, let's go..."

Yibo struggled for a while before he gave in. But he wanted to carry me . I refused,  will he be able to walk with another person's weight? Then he said, he'll piggyback me. I hesitantly agreed. I've no other way  because my arms and legs are weak now.

But halfway there , it started to rain heavily. I saw an old man hurriedly running back to his hut. When the old man saw them, he yelled , "Go back! The peacocks finished dancing long ago. Come back next year ! A big storm is coming!"

My face fell. Yibo also stopped walking. He looked at me and I didn't say anything. Looks like....I won't be able to see them dancing in this life.

Yibo sighed, " Alright, don't be sad. You'll be able to see them next year too, you definitely can."

Hearing his comforting words , I can't help but smile. I nodded..I felt bad that I dragged him over here and even made him carry me all the way here for nothing.

I stopped feeling guilty when this guy put me inside a chamber. Few nurses are measuring my blood pressure. And a while haired doctor doing a check up.

I looked at everyone here with a gloom in my eyes .it happened a lot of times,  me laying down here and letting them do what they wants and in the end the result is always an apology.

The doctor patted my shoulder and walked out of the room. I know its not optimistic. I'm aware of this. My time is approaching. But...what do I do with that villain ?  If I'm gone...Will he be sad ?