19: Target locked

"Nope! My dad gave me this toy!" The kid answered proudly, unaware of the mood fluctuating of the adult beside him.

"Your...dad?"

"Yes! Thank you brother, I'll be going then !"

Yibo's quiet eyes followed the kid as he exited the church. He had the urge to pull the kid and ask who his father is. How he got that fan. If he knew someone called 'Xiao Zhan'. But he's afraid he'll scare this child and also alert the enemy.

Zhan probably won't like it.

Yibo bit his tongue and slowly tailed behind the kid , maintaining a good distance. He had a frown on his brows as he  drove his jeep in the narrow road, leading to the most busy neighbourhood. This street is always busy and people are walking everywhere.

He was thinking of parking the car somewhere and follow by walking. Just then , the boy stopped.

-
-
-
-
-
He peng stood behind his wife as she started to put makeup on her face infront of the dressing table. She seemed to be in a better mood. She said as she handed over a necklace to he peng, wanting him to help her wear it, "Hurry up. I don't want to end up being late. If we missed the movie , you won't be able to buy tickets again."

He peng leaned down and took a sniff of her perfume before muttering in a low voice, "you'll have the tickets, dear. Don't worry."

His hand held a icepick.

Not getting what his words meant, she scolded, "How? Do you own the cinema hall? Or did you receive it from dowry? Stop talking arrogantly."

"I'll not watch after the hero takes entry. The climax is only till there. Anyway, heroes can only be found in movies. Where can we see them in real life?"

When she felt the cold on her skin she became annoyed. Directly grabbing the metal , she threw it under the bed. Fuming with anger , "what are you doing!"

"Sorry. I was not paying attention. "

In the end , she had to help herself to lock the necklace on her neck.

After that , they planned to receive their kid from school and go to the cinema all together. But it looks like there's no need to wait for the child. He came home right on the clock.

Smiling , the family of three took a cab and went out. But little did they know that they were being observed. Yibo's sharp eyes caught everything. He felt very suspicious of that man. Though seen from far , he could sense the abnormalities.

He has seen a lot of people and had to deal with more than a lot. The man's eyes resembled a madman. A lunatic.

The family of three , chatted and laughed. This atmosphere continued until a group of street gang came up and demanded money . He peng took out money from his pocket and gave it to them , ignoring his wife's stares.

But midway ,
he peng told the driver to stop. Looking at the metre , the bill is more than 100 (any currency bruh).however, he didn't bring much money. All of the money were spent on tickets and he gave it away before.

His wife stared at him, "Why did you ask the driver to stop?"

Avoiding her glares, he peng stuttered , "I..I don't have money..for the ride.."

And as response,  he got himself thrown out. His wife yelled at him as she told the driver to drive away.
"But..how will i go home?"

"Go like you like you do everyday. Catch a fcking train."

He could still hear her cursing from a distance.

He peng stood in the rail station,  staring at nothing. His eyes didn't even blink but his ear buzzed since he could still hear his wife's scoldings. He didn't even realise that the train already came.

A middle aged lady came down. She was talking on phone. She laughed because of who knows why. The station is specially empty at this hour , so her laughter rang out vividly in his ears. His attention finally fell on the figure of the lady.

She walked up to the footbridge as she talked , "I told you na. But you didn't listen to me. Now look , everything just happened the way I analysed. Now you can put your trust in me-"

She couldn't finish her sentence before someone grabbed her by hair and flung her towards the big metal wall. In an instant , her head  cracked and she lost consciousness.

He peng squatted beside her.
"Why ? Why did you stop laughing? Why do you all have to make fun of me?"

Then he put down his bag , rummaged through the contents and found he black coat. He put it on , followed by the yellow gloves.  "Even a Xerox machine works harder than me huh?but don't worry, madam. From now onwards y, you won't have any complaints. "

He searched the bag and couldn't find the icepick.

All of a sudden , he heard a 'clang'. The icepick was thrown his way and it fell on the metallic path.

He peng looked up and saw a person standing there in black suit and white shirt with the first few buttons undone. His hair is a bit messy. A thunder fell , illuminating the area. He peng finally saw the face of the stranger.

It's weirdly handsome and so eye catching. He is an aggressive beauty. The messy hair made him look more fierce. His deep eyes held nothing but anger and hunger to murder someone right then and there.

He peng's hands shook as he stood up, "she committed suicide. I was passing by and came to save her."

Seeing the other person clenching his fist , he tried to explain, " I really didn't do anything!"

Yibo gnashed his teeth, he can't hold himself anymore. He finally found the bast*rd. This bast*rd murdered his Zhan.
This person deserves nothing but death. .

Zhan's smiley face appeared in front of his eyes. He was smiling and looking at him with his pure and clear eyes. Yibo knew he was seeing illusions again .

A tear dropped on the ground. Thanks to the illusion,  he didn't lose his sense. He doesn't want to kill this nasty man now.

With that, Yibo rushed at him . He peng also realised the situation , he grabbed the icepick from the ground and tried to cut Yibo with it.

But how could he be Yibo's match? Who trained since he was a kid and did many jobs. Handling a mare psychopath is nothing to him.

Yibo's fist fell on he pen's face one after another. He didn't even had the chance to break free. Yibo didn't feel his anger lessening , it even increased.

Why? Why is he still breathing ? Didn't he killed his Zhan ? Zhan isn't breathing anymore,  why is this person breathing ?

He let out a groan as he threw He peng off the bridge  but rushed towards the falling body. He peng yelled , "Hey hey ! I'll die ! I'll die !"

Yibo caught He peng , so he didn't fall.

He trapped he peng's head between his arm and the metal wall.
Yibo said,"shhh! I'll not let you die. Not so easily. But I'll kill you everyday. Not once but thousand times. You'll lock eyes with death but it'll turn its face away again and again . The more you want to die , the more lifespan you will get. I'll keep your last breath in my fist. I'll beat you up so much that your soul will start to scream."

When he peng was almost strangled, Yibo dragged him in. He peng , right now felt like a piece of meat under wolf's paw.

"Why ! Don't beat me ! Don't beat me anymore ! Why are you hitting me ?  Don't hit me !"

Yibo didn't know for how long he still beat this person. But he stopped screaming. Blood is all over the place. He kicked the body which only had his last breath.

Yibo, however,  doesn't feel happy at all.

He lost a valuable treasure but...what valuable thing does this person have?