22

..Why is the life just a moment or two,
for this love, centuries aren't enough..
So let me ask God
for some more time, to start anew,
I have to stay just here,
I don't want to go away from you.
Now that you are there to share my pain,
Every pain is beautiful..

Your smiles are my strength,
I get hope from them.
Whatever atrocity the world does to me,
in them [these smiles] is my safety..
My life became very beautiful,
now where else would heaven be..

I feel alive hearing your heartbeat
your wishes are my prayers now..
what a unique bond it is,
that your and my life have became one..
I'll come back to you only..
It's my promise, even if I die..

[ Yibo's pov]

Never thought I'd be this much mad for someone. And that someone is the most ordinary person , yet so special. Since meeting him, my world turned upside down. At first , I resisted. But later , I was like , who cares , let's indulge myself a little. And that little step took me to where and which situation I'm in now.

Now , he is my whole world.

Few days ago, I went to meet Wen Chao. He has always been a cunning man. It's hard to guess his thoughts. I didn't tell Zhan when I went out to meet him. I can tell very well that , zhan doesn't like my work. That I take orders and harm lives. I want to give him a healthy environment. And to do that, I've to put an end to this.

There was a time when I was nearly addicted to killing. Everyday I'd take on jobs and go out to harm people. That's the story of my teenage years , after I first killed the murderers of my parents. That became a habit.

Later on, I became more lazy  and Who knows why , Wen Chao didn't give me jobs frequently. By the time I realised my bad addiction , i was already put in the list of most feared person in the gang. No one screamed at me anymore , they didn't even dare to lock eyes with me , whenever I passed by,  they would tremble and try to stand as far as possible.

Except Wen Chao , everyone avoided me. I'm sure they called me crazy , monster , maniac in secret. Well, it's in the past now.

When I went to meet Wen Chao , he was already waiting for me. Why not? I'm his most loyal and trusted subordinate.

I didn't give him any time to greet me. I pointed out directly,
"After meeting Zhan i realised something. Taking lives is an easy matter , where as giving life is harder than one can imagine."

I carried a Gun in my pocket. I handed it to him and said," Here , take the gun. You can shoot me but I don't want to kill anyone anymore."

Wen Chao took the gun. His eyes stayed on the gun for a good amount of time. He took a puff from his cigarette, then released the smoke. He looked away and waved at me.

I know what that means. He is telling me to leave. Leave this gang and go live my life.

I was a bit surprised. I thought i really would die here. No one can leave the gang once joined. Wen Chao have always been patient with me. I have always wondered why I that ? I still don't understand.

Treating me like a brother,  I believe what he said is nothing but utter bullish*t.

Tomorrow I'll take Zhan to shanghai hospital. I'm very much worried. I very much wish the said doctor will be able to cure him.

After coming from the station , Zhan became very clingy. He's not pushing me away anymore. Sometimes, when he feels shy, his cheeks reddens. He looks very cute like that.

I never cooked before in my whole life. One of my colleague told me that , the way to win a man's heart is through stomach. So before Zhan comes home , I decided to make something for him.

I followed the recipe step by step. But in the process of cutting vegetables,  i still cut my finger. I'm quite speechless.

I'm very skilled at using knives. I've killed many people with knives. Was i too nervous this time? Or maybe the potato is at fault.  Yes , that should be it.

I made a pot of fish soup , salad and porridge. Even these simple dishes are damn hard. Almost drained my whole energy. I don't know how those housewives at home endure these chores.

I set the table but I forgot that the pot with the soup was steaming hot. I grabbed it empty handed , intending to take it off the stove, since the content was about to fall off because of the heat. Well, I'm not used to adjust the volume of the heat , so it just happened.

Thankfully I didn't spilled the soup.

When Zhan came home , he gave me a big kiss as reward. I can tell he I'd genuinely happy.

But when he saw the bandaid, he scolded me heavily. Forbidding me to enter kitchen next time. He looked like an angry bunny. I comforted him by taking him in my arms.

I've not tasted what I cooked yet. Zhan enthusiastically ate a spoonful of the porridge. I saw him wearing a serious face. He then ate a spoon of the soup. His face turned white.

Then he ate the salad. I saw him sighing in relief.

I was also curious. So i also followed his actions.

And...I deeply regret it.

Awful.

Disgusting.

I was about to throw up but I managed it. Then I went to get the bottle of orange juice and made Zhan drink it .

How did I end up making such a strange dish ? It looks good from its appearance but tastes to Awful.

As i sat there contemplating where I did wrong , Zhan fell on the bed holding his stomach. His laughter rang out in the room.

I starred at him gently. I also laughed.

This guy here, is my happiness.

I hope he laughs like that everyday.