12

-past-

Yibo stood here with arms folded. He leaned on the wall of a random building not caring how the wind kept on playing with the hem of his shirt . His eyes were extremely focused. Some indescribable feelings wanting to leap up from his eyes.

He saw how Zhan stood on a ladder and put one word after another on the big poster. Below , a lot of little kids flanked together. Who knows where they came from, all were in elementary school uniform. They would laugh and clap hard once Zhan is done sticking one word on the poster.

When he came down, he opened the bag he always carries. Then took out dozens of candies and gave them to the children with a smile . He even made a gesture by putting a finger on his lips , shushing them, telling them..keep it a secret otherwise mummy won't let you eat it.

Yibo's brows frowned a little when he looked up. He adjusted to the bright sunlight and saw the poster. He read it silently,

"Darkness can't drive out darkness , only lights can do that. Hate can't drive out hate , only love can do that."

By the time he was done , the children all ran away.

He spoke up , in a rare calm tone that didn't allow refusals.

"I'll help you , to fulfil the remaining wishes."

He can't belive he'll one day take the initiative to do something like this. What the boy said that day rings out in his ear from time to time. He doesn't have much time , these are all his last wishes.

Suddenly he doesn't want to push the boy away.

He's selfish. It won't matter if he is selfish one more time.

Zhan turned to look at him with surprised expression. He came to Yibo asking, "You have not gone yet?"

Zhan came here in the morning and it's already past noon. Yibo stood there all the time watching him. Zhan looked away , his hand holding the straps of his bag a little tightly. The way Yibo looks at him...those eyes , he can't resist it.

Yibo thought Zhan didn't hear what he said before . He once again repeated the words, "I'll help you fulfill the remaining wishes."

Zhan froze. He looked up at Yibo blankly and then broke out in a mocking smile. Yibo felt an ache in his heart seeing Zhan's smile full of mockery. He heard the boy say,
"Can I tell you a joke?"

Yibo's Adams apple rolled twice," Yes."

"Nah. Leave it. You'll listen because you pity me."
Zhan paused for a second and then said again,

"Mr. Villain..I don't need your pity."

Zhan shook his head and went over to his bike, taking out the helmet. "I've have breathed enough in this city. It's time to fly away somewhere like the wind and take a breathe out there."

Zhan thought Yibo would get angry or just ignore him but never thought that he'd say this.

"My father got addicted to gambling. He would gamble in everything. He lost again and again but still didn't learn his lesson. He got into a debt. I was 8 back then. He gambled so much so that he gambled with his life at stake. Then one day, the loan sharks came and shot them dead. I was hiding under the bed , curled up, scared. They didn't see me and I survived. I saw with my own eyes how my mother fell on the floor and they shot her many times. I didn't do anything to help my parents, I just watch them die."

"At that time , many people wanted to help me. I didn't want their pity , I wanted revenge. I couldn't sleep because of nightmares. Then one day after many years, someone reached out to me saying he'll help me get revenge. I ended up shooting them the same way they did to my parents and thought I'd be able to sleep peacefully from then on."

"But no, no matter what I did. I still couldn't. That was until I met- until we helped Momo. That night, for the first time in so many years I slept contentedly. "

Yibo looked at Zhan with undisguised warmth. "I don't pity you."

He never told his past to anyone. Let alone Wen Chao , he never took the initiative to tell anyone about him. But he wanted Zhan to know for some reason.

Zhan placed the helmet back on the bike. He stood right infront of Yibo. His body is slender, so slim that anyone can tell it'll not take much force to break. Infront of Yibo's strong structure, he looked vulnerable. Zhan seemed to be in a thought for a while and when he figured it out , he met Yibo's eyes.

Zhan saw no fluttering in those abyss like eyes. It's as if he wasn't telling his past but someone else's.

"Isn't it because you did something for others for the first time ? Darkness can't drive out darkness , only lights can do that. Hate can't drive out hate , only love can do that...."

Zhan tip toed a little and patted Yibo's head gently , making Yibo stunned. "Still like that frightened 8 year old who hid under the bed. How can a little boy save his parents from those dangerous people? You need a helping hand, accompany of someone who'll pull you straight out from the darkness under the bed."

Zhan smiled showing the crescent of his eyes, "Unless we share someone else's pain, We don't get separated from pain, and pain doesn't get separated from us"

Seeing Yibo no longer speaking , Zhan began to worry. If it was him in Yibo's place , then he'd definitely feel devastated while recalling the past. He blinked.

What zhan didn't know is that , his small actions and expressions looked like a small bunny in Yibo's eyes. Yibo felt it was ridiculous and wanted to laugh.

Zhan reached out once again but this time his hand was directly caught by Yibo. Yibo gave the hand a gentle pinch as he asked with an raised eyebrow, "what are you doing?"

Zhan frowned and pouted. "What? I thought you were going to cry."

Yibo who just wanted to laugh , asked with interest "oh? Then...what were you going to do?"

"This." Zhan said almost immediately. He shook off Yibo's hand and poked the two corners of Yibo's lips and lifted them up."

Though it looked a bit funny with Yibo's frowning face , it was cute.

Zhan's lips twitched and he let out a small laugh.

"Had enough fun?" He heard yibo ask.

"Not yet."

"Quite fearless huh."