1.3 The Sky Of Eternal Universe and Sea of Stars

Transmigrators are special souls.

There were billions of worlds in existence, each having its own consciousness. And within these worlds, millions upon millions of souls are entering the cycle of life and death. The process started at time immemorial and would continue until the universe ceased to exist.

Every soul is special, and there are many kinds of them. It would take time to elaborate on each of them, but the people in the Ninth Heaven often categorized them into three – the golden haloed souls, the mid-colored, and the dark haloed souls.

Souls labeled as having golden haloes are those born and reincarnated with an ample amount of merit. As mentioned previously, these are the people who were considered "worthy" by the Universal Consciousness. Ultimate luck, tantamount riches, and fame are the most common beginner's packages for souls who are born under this category.

Mid-colored souls are ordinary souls that didn't accumulate much merit but were not sinister enough to cause damnation. They have various colors – red, orange, yellow, etc. – and only receive the basic package for ordinary newbies. There were a lot of them, and the entire reincarnation scheme is composed of these average souls.

And the souls with dark haloes are those who have committed the most heinous of crimes. However, souls under this category were not born but made. Still, there are instances when a soul with a dark halo is born to naturally antagonize the whole universe. Well, you could just say that they were the 'matter' to balance the scale.

Then there are the "transmigrators."

As the name suggests, transmigrators are souls that transfer from one state to another in the form of either body separation or death. They are created to form a Universal Contract through a system in exchange for a price. It can be a time reversal, resurrection, or to attain godliness. There are various prices, and each of them is decided upon the signing of the contract.

Specific conditions should be met for a soul to become a transmigrator.

Most of the reasons would be because their resentment is compelling enough to upset the flow of the fate that only collecting merits could negate, or if their existence could lead to the world's destruction. The World Dimensions are fed with energy to function, and if there is excessive energy, it could destroy the balance.

Energy comes in different forms and should always be in balance to not create any disfunction. An excess of positive energies like happiness and excitement may trigger devastating calamities to balance it with the negative energies like grief and regret. While excess negative energies, known to be much heavier, would cause major deterioration since it is impossible to negate them.

Thus, the consciousness of the World will grant these unfortunate souls a chance to meet the Universal Consciousness and own a system. The World will use the surplus as compensation since this intervention requires a lot of energy.

On the other hand, there are cases where souls become transmigrators due to mistakes. There are notable souls who were born in the wrong dimension, some of whom have a fate related to people from another world or the operators inadvertently swapping souls.

Yes, sometimes the mistake comes from the operators of the Ninth Heavens.

One person from the higher-ups is not even allowed to take a glimpse at the control panel due to its notorious record of displacing souls many times. It is an incident that has jumbled up many worlds and is still causing problems for the Ninth Heaven.

Jin Wei could be included as a casualty in this incident report.

He is the first case of a soul dying at the wrong time. It wasn't the fault of the Ninth Heaven operators, nor of the World's Consciousness—they also didn't see any external factor affecting the fates. It is altogether peculiar that it left them in a mess. With the lack of solid rules to become a transmigrator, he somehow passed the conditions through the loopholes.