2.18 The Mob Character Is A False Magician

On the other hand, System 777 accurately reported the events.

As soon as Jin Wei received the reassuring news of Laurem's safety, he abandoned his pretense and dropped the exaggerated theatrics. The wounds he sustained from the vicious onslaught had caused him immense pain, and the warnings he had received that threatened to break his spirit are true.

However, as a seasoned transmigrator who had endured countless trials and torment, Jin Wei couldn't help but scoff at the notion that these lashes and whips could compare to his past struggles.

For what were they compared to the ordeals he had faced before?

He had traversed through death's door so many times that he had lost count, and had been ravaged by illness to the point where not a single part of his body remained unscathed. He had faced every possible form of death imaginable, and his bad luck even led to his expulsion from the reincarnation cycle, so what was left for him to fear?

Death is just a state of lifelessness—it is one of the common things a transmigrator already experienced a hundred times.

Though, he still hated pain so much.

Jin Wei's lifeless body lay strewn on the ground, punctured with fatal wounds that would have rendered anyone else dead. But in a startling turn of events, he suddenly jolted upright with an eerie fluidity that belied his injuries. His movement was graceful, which is impossible for a person who was nearing death, leaving everyone wondering if he was truly human or something beyond.

The gash on his left face continued to ooze crimson, but it seemed inconsequential to him as he stood tall, undeterred by the injury. His one eye can't be opened, and probably be blind at this moment, but he remained confident in his abilities. Even if two eyes were gone, Jin Wei could still fight well.

"Aa~~ah!" Jin Wei stretched out his stiff arms. "Now that Laurem is out of the way, let's start the action."

The two traffickers who brazenly beat out Jin Wei casually shut the trailer door, their hearts devoid of remorse. While they initially intended to retrieve the child who managed to escape, their greed had already been satiated with the payment they received.

Their orders were clear: to eliminate the innocent child.

They have been planning the kid after passing the Seven Cliffs Hill, but it appeared that fate had played right into their hands. With the frigid weather and the perilous terrain where the child had stumbled, there was little to no chance of survival.

Heck, who knows if he is even still alive after that fall?

As they contemplated their next move, the two men decided that disposing of Jin Wei be a sufficient solution for the time being. The plan had originally been to sell the child since Jin Wei's captivating myriad-colored eyes will surely fetch them a good price.

But if he posed any kind of threat, then eliminating him was the better option.

As they turned away from the seemingly lifeless body, an overwhelming sense of danger engulfed them. The instincts of seasoned killers kicked in as they swiftly raised their weapons, anticipating an attack from behind. However, before they could even catch a glimpse of the child standing tall, their heads were abruptly severed from their necks, as though a sharp and precise blade had sliced through them like butter.

Before they realized it, they were already dead.

System 777 had long grown accustomed to Jin Wei's cold and ruthless nature. To Jin Wei, anyone other than the protagonist was merely a character in his story and thus held no special value. His role may have restricted him, but it was not enough to stop him from killing.