2.7 The Mob Character Is A False Magician

Laurem noticed two changes in his life.

First change is his extraordinary rise in power.

Laurem was aware of his body's constitution. He is certain that he was not quite human. It was a reality he had known since he was younger, and his mother was not particularly covert about it. Hybrid children tend to be more sensitive and intelligent by nature than ordinary children and would acknowledge their difference in their early years.

That is, if they were able to live longer than their prophesied short lifespan.

Laurem had only been conscious of his Demon lineage, so when he discovered he could transition into a Werebeast, he was taken by surprise. He began to wonder whether he was a werebeast-demon hybrid rather than a human-demon hybrid.

But that is impossible. He could tell that he, too, was a human. Could he have had at least three different bloodlines? Laurem finds it amusing after giving it some thought. How "lucky" could he be? Being a hybrid makes it challenging enough to reach maturity; now he appears as someone who could possibly have three of them?

Even though Laurem was born intelligent, there are instances when it is clear that he is still a child and does not have the same level of common sense as adults. He didn't get the notion that by integrating all the different races, they might overcome their flaws and establish a "perfect" human.

Or that he is also a hybrid yet didn't have the weakness despite being one.

Anyway, he truly benefited from having ample strength.

He had a wide range of abilities because of his demon blood, including incredible strength and fast healing. Though, it only became apparent when her mother died and he was forced to fend for himself. It was impossible for him to get work at his age, so he had to scavenge for leftovers and fight the rabid dogs every time.

Eventually, his body gave up.

Then, the demon blood took control of his body. Although he is still human, a couple of his skills were made possible by his demon ancestry. For instance, he will recover from injuries two times more quickly than the average person. Any injuries he had, unless they were fatal, would only take a minimum of two days to heal and return to normal, as if he had never been injured.

His ability to heal himself is not indeed a simple thing.

He was able to be daring and unafraid of death thanks to these rudimentary superpowers. It is also the reason why such a small and relatively vulnerable youngster could thrive in the slums.

These already existing qualities, however, seem to have advanced recently. His recovery time had increased fourfold, allowing him to now observe the progression of healing of his wounds. When he purposefully fractured a bone to assess its capacity, same with the wound, it just took a few hours for the bone to recover to its previous state.

It is as though he had become a human panacea.

Apart from just that, there's the increased sharpness of his senses. Before, even though his perceptions are generally attuned to the ordinary, he could feel that something was obstructing them. It is analogous to an incomplete talent.

Consequently, now it all takes is a quick glance to identify anything a hundred meters away. When going to the alleyways, he no longer carries any light since his eyes seems to have night vision. He could also bypass obstructions and sense when feral dogs were nearby. It's like giving him a CCTV but more human and precise.

His hearing is in sync with his vision. It is only now that he could tell that everything around him owned a specific sound – like how the ground is always pulsating, or that the wind seems to carry a language that is always singing in his ears. The soft feather dropping to the ground became as loud as thunder, and the clamorous mutterings of the crowd sounded as bees humming in his ears.