2.5 The Mob Character Is A False Magician

Laurem stared in a daze as though he has fallen into a spell.

It's his first time seeing something spectacular.

The other person's face is ordinary and unimpressive, something you will forget even after seeing it several times. It's the kind of face that, when your eyes are fixed on it, appears somewhat better than average.

But that's only it.

This person is unremarkable in any way. Laurem, however, was unable to take his eyes off of him, completely mesmerized. There is something about this person's behavior that drew him in.

His eyes held a special spark.

His stunningly expressive eyes reflected an oddly wise duality of matter, creating an impression inconceivable to the knowledge of men. The blend of green and hazel brown somehow comfortably resembles the color of warm honey and green pastures, highlighted with gold streaks that seem to be sparkling against the dark backdrop.

Laurem couldn't tell who or why this person was here, but he does think it would be nice if he could get a glimpse of those eyes. Even if only for a moment. It seems as though he is peering into a separate world dimension.

It is as if he was gazing at a star.

Jin Wei could feel the pulsating pain on his forehead as he cradled his head with his two small hands. He has a high threshold for pain and would not weep just simply because he was whacked like that, but a child's tear ducts cannot be controlled freely as he subconsciously let out a psychological tear.

A few beads of water lingered in the corner of his lovely eyes, threatening to fall at any moment.

Despite being regressed in this way, Jin Wei ought to have the abilities to avoid being harmed in any condition. He did not expect the child to get up so suddenly, so he was unable to avoid the blow and was even forced to sit back. The abrupt occurrences also caught the system off guard, and it frantically encircled Jin Wei's head.

The old transmigrator suddenly felt aggrieved. He had never been embarrassed like this.

Jin Wei sternly eyed his system. He merely intended to take a quick look around to see the protagonist closely, but instead he was suddenly assaulted only by "thinking" of trying to tease the child. He had not done anything yet, but the World's consciousness is already protecting its begotten son.

What would have happened if he executed his given tasks?

Who would have guessed that his first accident would be caused by the protagonist accidentally smacking his forehead?

Jin Wei was criticizing himself, the system, and the irresponsible Ninth Heavens officials when he sensed a chilling glare aimed at him. It sent off all the alarms in his brain and made him shudder in terror. This aura is extremely hostile.

He looked up to check who it was, but was startled to see the protagonist leaning close - so close that their noses would touch if he leaned any inch closer.

His breathing went ragged, and his eyes widened as though being blinded by light. His head shattered in a heartbeat, his thoughts instantly failing to function. Jin Wei now realized what it was like to be a printer facing deadlines at the end of school terms after millions of years.

It just stops working for no apparent reason.

Everything is silent, as if they are the only ones existing.

Two sets of eyes looking at each other, affirming a presence that neither is certain is there.

The protagonist is bent on one knee, his thin shoulders stooped forward, and his right hand outstretches, closely touching Jin Wei's cheeks. His wide eyes are fixed on him, intently scrutinizing Jin Wei's face.