1.1 The Sky Of Eternal Universe and Sea of Stars

The Ninth Heaven Management's Promotion Department for Transmigrating Souls is at its full capacity today.

The vast expanse of tables that seem to have no distinct beginning or end was divided into cubicles with glass partitions on the front where the staff and the client would talk about business, along with the sets of incredibly advanced processors and well-trained personnel, who operated the entire scheme peacefully as usual. The clacking and clicking of keys may be heard harmoniously mingling within the soft whispers and hubbub of individuals completing activities in each cubicle.

Souls with their respective systems kept pouring in. They entered from a wall-less moon gate made up of stacked stones and bricks with a sizzle of spirit energy floating in the midpoint where souls appear as if teleporting. The area is being guarded by two people, each of whom is positioned on the left and right sides.

These two guards, known as the Hell Guards, are dressed in black and white respectively. The white-clothed guard wore a horse mask and has long white hair extending to its waist, while the other wore an ox mask with a golden ring clamped on its nose and twisted grey horns on its head.

Both are dressed in elegant robes embedded with gold and silver that give off an air of nobility. Nevertheless, they wore masks that were enough to terrify children to death. Though, those who have been in this place know how kind these ancient beings are.

The Hell Guards are responsible for keeping order in the place, as well as handing out priority numbers to the souls so they can know when it is their turn to approach the counter.

The center of the moon gate flashed lightly before a soul walked out. The black guard with the ox mask inspected the soul before sending them to the white guard with the horse mask who handed them out a priority number. The new soul thanked the Hell Guards respectfully, then prattled with its system as they walk through the huge 「Waiting Room」.

The Waiting Room - it is a dimensionless place where everyone is always 'waiting'.

The souls remembered it as a place where there is a long row of navy-blue cantilever chairs aligned infinitely. Some of the chairs are occupied, but most of them are empty. Anyone can sit everywhere and could take as many chairs as possible. Some souls would use it as a bed where they lay sideways while scrolling through their phones while some would sit and groups and chat.

Anyway, there are many chairs. Nobody ever heard of someone who has nothing to sit.

Souls that had maintained their most basic humanoid form moved peacefully about. Despite their overwhelming amount, the souls never bump against one another. While there are souls doing their transactions at the counters, most of them who are still 'in the line' are either seated or idly wandering around.

The Ninth Heaven offers rather upscale accommodations that keep the souls from getting bored as they wait for their turn. Recreational areas are constructed that have the same infinite capacity to fulfill everyone's needs and wants.

This includes a gaming area that is divided into sections based on the type of game played: arcade games, virtual games, physical sports, game boards, and even casino games are present. There are game competitions daily, making it the most popular leisure area in the Waiting Room.

There is also a music room filled with every type of musical instrument imaginable. This extends beyond just percussion instruments to encompass other technologically-related instruments like music editors and other such things. Souls that like to sing and jam can be found frequenting this place.

Adjacent to the music area is the movie area where large cinemas were placed side by side showing whatever movies can be played. If nobody wanted a public cinema, one could avail of a private booth where the souls could access trillions of movies from million or hundreds of worlds with an automatic subtitle function. Of course, snack areas cannot be excluded. Although souls do not necessarily have to eat, it won't be watching a movie without popcorn and soda at hand.