2.4 The Mob Character Is A False Magician

A shadow hovered over the motionless body of the protagonist blocking the source of light.

It is still in the middle of the day, but the alley is already dark. Because of the inadequate lighting, people could only see a few objects, usually figures of silhouettes from the litter or barrels heaped on the area.

Nobody could even see their shoes without looking at them closer.

Jin Wei walked aimlessly along the pitch-black alley. The lethargic transmigrator softly whistled a foreign tune he liked from the previous world as he saunteringly approached the location where the protagonist was sitting.

He did not seem bothered by the impediment of large and little random pieces, animal carcasses, or the filthy puddles, as if he did not perceive them to be there. His leisurely stride even gave the impression that he was in a paradise rather than a filthy alley.

Jin Wei carefully inspected the little body.

The little kid is frail and skin-and-bones thin. The outline of his ribs can be easily measured if one dares to peer over his ragged, dirty clothing. There are new and old bruises on his body, as well as a few scars that have left some spots permanently scarred. He is not wearing shoes, exposing his black soles with thick skin and damaged toenails.

Several locations where dry blood leaked out will become infected if left unattended. Jin Wei had visited numerous worlds and had witnessed numerous indiscretions, but this one was the worst. Growing up, he had a soft spot for kids and enjoyed pampering them.

If only Laurem wasn't the protagonist, he would have adopted him on the spot.

This kind of image can easily incite a person's sympathy if ever it was seen in the modern world. But in this world where survival is the priority, nobody would even bat an eye to a corpse rotting in the corner.

Simply feeding one's mouth is tough enough. It would only be counterproductive to add another.

Jin Wei made a rustling sound as he knelt down, his right arm propping his cheeks. He thought that in spite of this battered appearance, he could still confidently hand the protagonist a score of eight out of ten when it comes to charm.

The world's aesthetics will always be favorable to the protagonist's appearance after all.

Probably, if this kid wore the best clothes... No, just ordinary clothes are enough to showcase its beauty. He will surely become a head turner and would make a lot of hearts to cry.

This kind of beauty is unrivaled.

Though, it will not give any effect on Jin Wei. He does like beautiful things, but liking people based on their appearance is not his thing. He had been in many different worlds, and each has its own stories. He has a fair share of beauties around so he knows which is beautiful and which is not.

After all, what the eyes can see are biases made from preferences.

Also, he knows what kind of filthy golden cheat this person will have in the future, so he will not hold any emotions in it. Even though he wasn't the type that gets jealous, surely someone will greatly feel cheated if they know this person will be granted the best of the best, considering that he is the world's most favorite son.

If there is one thing that sums up Jin Wei's worldview, it would be that he is indifferent to such worldly affairs. He solely cares about his memories and would just be indifferent, regardless.

While Jin Wei is doing some assessment about the protagonist and his morals, the other person who was covered by his shadow woke up from the slight sound. His swollen eyes opened a slit, looking over at the blurry figure hidden by the dark alley.