2.9 The Mob Character Is A False Magician

His tasks ended like that.

As the day a close, he found himself reflecting upon the tasks that has been laid before him. He had expected them to be challenging, to test his mettle and push him to the brink of his abilities. But he never imagined just how difficult they would truly be.

He was going against the protagonist, after all.

For one thing, mistreating the protagonist was simply out of the question. He was aware that, as an employee dispatched by the Ninth Heaven to "torment" the protagonist, any misdeeds would come back to haunt him, regardless of his original intentions.

The consequences of his actions would naturally fall upon him.

The rules in the dimension couldn't be controlled by the Ninth Heaven. They existed on their own right, unyielding and unchanging. The Ninth Heaven may have held sway over many things, but the inner workings of the dimensions were beyond their grasp.

The only way to truly hold power over the dimension was to become the protagonist. So, those who didn't receive the gold halo, like the poor cannon fodders and mob characters, they could only follow their missions.

The dimensions were ruthless towards those who broke its rules. The Ninth Heaven officials were cautious in their dealings within the natives of the realm, understanding that a single error could trigger the downfall of numerous other worlds. The officials were well aware if the consequences of their actions, and took great care not to upset the delicate balance of the dimensions.

This is what happened to Jin Wei. The Ninth Heaven was powerless to alter his destiny in his original world, so they chose the drastic measure of obscuring his very existence. This prevented him from the possibility of reincarnation and effectively severed his string of fate. He could still travel through the dimensions, but he would no longer be able to form a connection.

But it was a bit confusing that some Ninth Heaven Official would still study about Jin Wei's situation.

As a soul born from a dimension, Jin Wei could not simply be erased, thus only to have his existence "concealed". His origin, the dimension he was born, wasn't totally obliterated but concealed so that it would be negligible. That's why, despite being a lost cause, Jin Wei is still affected by the imposed penalty for souls that violated the laws.

He could still receive the soul extermination — the permanent end of their existence.

It is not the Ninth Heaven punishing the souls, but the world dimensions. After all, the Ninth Heaven isn't absolute and just governing the messy rules of The Universe. And since the dimensions were born from The Universe, they have the power to decide annihilation.

Anyway, Jin Wei is happy that he is almost done with his tasks.

The protagonist helped him finish his tasks, filling him with gratitude. Though his initial skirmishes may have been for naught, he was able to land a few blows, scoring a number of points. Despite facing blocked attacks and injuries in later rounds, he still managed to rack up a decent amount of points, completing the menial tasks.

Who knows how grateful he is now that he no longer needed to "punch, kick, and slap" the protagonist. Only Jin Wei knows that scary feeling of having the entire world watching his actions, observing him as if to see if he had gone overboard.

Thankfully, he is done.

He's done with the protagonist.

Now, it's time to deal with his "character" setting.

Upon arriving in this world, Jin Wei discovered that he had taken the role of a family man. Though his newfound family was quite large, consisting of six younger siblings, which were no less precious to him. Tragically, their parents had fallen victim to a bandit attack mere weeks prior to Jin Wei's arrival, leaving him with the responsibility of caring for his siblings.