XV

Pearl's POV:

All I could see was devastation.

An innocent man, corrupted by evil, punishing a vengeful man, standing up for his beloved.

Lizzie looked...

It was indescribable.

Regret, fury, sorrow, rage - it was all in her expression.

I have never seen the Ocean Queen this...

Miserable.

She was chaotic, lively, kind hearted and a little bit sassy - but that's besides the point -, but to see her so close to giving in and breaking down - it almost made me want to punch Scott and cry with her.

His manic cackle echoed throughout the mountains.

Lizzie took one step towards Scott - she was shaking now, and I couldn't tell if it was from the cold, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't - and he raised an eyebrow.

His expression faltered as his scarlet eyes flickered from red to teal.

So, it was corruption.

But before I had time to say a quick inspirational pep talk, his eyes went back to red.

"The Ocean Queen wants to play, does she?" he mocked, spinning snowflakes in his palm.

"Sorry, darling, but I'm no bath toy. But playing with lives is my speciality,"

Lizzie's face contorts into a stern look.

"Scott," she says, her tone fierce. "If you want to play games, take one good look at these people who are willing to fight you for Joel and the real Scott we know, and surrender,"

I look at Sausage, who nods at me, and we both step forward.

Second comes Gem, followed by fWhip and Joey - hesitantly - steps forward.

Shelby, Katherine, and Pix.

But the most surprising thing is that Jimmy - her own seabling - hasn't made an effort to step forward.