XXIX

Lizzie's POV:

"Joel!" I call into the darkness.

"Gem?"

"fWhip?"

"Jimmy?"

"Where are you all?"

The ominousity is growing as the dark mist enveloping me drowns out my cries.

I blink in fear, yet eyes opened or eyes closed - it looks just about the same.

A sudden wind howls in my ears, whipping my hair about with the rage of a swarm

Light meets my eyes as the mist peels back, revealing a scene.

A shivering mass of green, brown and magenta.

Joel.

I watch, seconds away from tears, looking at Scott's corrupted face.

A cloudy haze passed through the scene, materialising into none other than Crystal Cliffs Academy.

"GEM! I CAN'T!"

Scott's voice yelled through the projection, a burst of icy blue light blinding my eyes.

As the light died down to bearable hue, I opened my eyes, met with the horrid sight of Gem.

Her eyes were white as snow, as was her hair. Her mouth was open midst screaming, her skin was pale blue, glazed over in a thin sheet of crisp ice.

Taking one look at Gem, Scott's eyes shone with fear.

And he fled.

Another white mist blocked the view of the scenes playing before me, whipping around ferociously like a harsh blizzard.

Appearing before me once more was none other than Scott Major, carefully breaking away at the bricks of fWhip's embassy.

Peering into the small hole was something out of a fantasy.

Dynamite.

Millions of sticks of dynamite.

The thought alone of that many explosives in one place had me shaking in my boots.

His eyes widened in hurt, anger and fear.

The King of Rivendell furrowed his brow and clenched his jaw.

"I thought we were friends, fWhip," he hissed, the words as cold as icicles stabbing into my back. "But if you want an enemy-"

He let out an amused huff.

"Oh, I'll give you an enemy..."

And another shocking bright blue light pierced my eyes, but I fought to keep them open, and watched in terror as a sharp icicle spiralled from the ground, holding fWhip's embassy high in the air as splitting it into two.

And wisps of white smoke curled from the bottom of the hologram, evaporating into the last scene.

"No Scott! No!"

Jimmy's frantic cries ring in my ears and I jolt up on high alert.

This was something else.

This was death.

A small image of Jimmy encased in a sort of prison.

For a second, there was silence.

But teal eyes gleamed with hunger and malice before a flurry of fire, ash and dust filled the scene.

Jimmy's distraught screams hung in the air as the smoke died down.

"NO!" I screamed, stumbling forward as the projection faded away.

"JIMMY NO!"

Clawing at the sky, at the ground, at wherever I was clawing at.

No sense of direction.

Jimmy's dead.

Dead.

Dead.

Dead.

"Lizzie!"

A voice cries out distantly, and I look around, desperately rubbing the tears out of my eyes.

* * * * *

"Lizzie?"

I pry my eyes open to the sight of Joel's eyes desperately searching my sweating face.

"Lizzie!"

His small hands wrap around my torso, and a feeling of calm washes over me.

It was a nightmare, I gently remind myself. Just a nightmare.

But somehow, a part of me knows that's not true.

My gills feel dry with every breath I take, almost like running my fingers through a gravelly path.

It's not that serious.

I'm not in denial.

I am completely fine.

Yet, I remain unconvinced.

Absorbing all the water in my gills is the sand, seeping into my gills.

I forcefully let out a series of harsh coughs, and Joel looks up at me in alarm.

He quickly lets go, worry scribbled all over his face as I leap into the water.

I see his distorting silhouette run off towards the mainland in search of help.

What's happening?

I drift in the ocean for moments, contemplating compelling ideas towards what just happened.

Only one way to find out...

I hesitantly reach towards my gills, and I am met with a slimy feeling playing at my fingertips.

Confusion takes hold as I pull my hand away to see what substance is on my hands.

Blood.

And it hits me like an iceberg:

I'm no longer human...

Another back-to-back seabling chapter! We've reached 1.5k views and 75 votes as of now! Thank you all so much for your support!

I am sorry for my terrible upload schedule. I have lots of stuff on so it's hard to maintain, but while I am trying harder, I apologise in advance since there will be big breaks between chapter postage here and there.

Remember to stay safe and appreciate everything you have! Love y'all so much and thank y'all for the support once again!

Bye!!!