XII

Joel's POV:

"Scott," I immediately answered, and the few heads in the building all turned to me. "I have a feeling this is Scott's doing,"

fWhip let out an impressive string of curses, and Gem tutted him.

"We've messed up big time," Lizzie was pinching the bridge of her nose with her eyes closed.

"I know, Lizzie," fWhip answered, his voice unusually wistful. "I know,"

"But why is he upset?" Gem asked, and fWhip and Lizzie's eyes fell to the floor.

fWhip bit his lip.

"That might be our fault," he admitted. "He allied with Jimmy, and I was still super pissed, so, yeah,"

Gem raised an expectant brow at Lizzie - she was good at those - and Lizzie complied.

"We went to Jimmy's empire, and he was in a sour mood because we didn't find Jimmy, and so I told him I thought no one was there, and..."

"And?" I egged Lizzie on.

Her eyes grew wet with tears. "I say I'm sorry, but he snarled at me saying that it was 'King Scott' and referred to me as 'Ocean Queen'. And then I told him that he was a nightmare dressed as a daydream and to stay away from Jimmy,"

"Lizzie-" Gem started, but she kept going on like no one had talked.

"And then I told him that we were alike. That we were gardens, and that we were nightmares, but he was filled with thorns and he was dressed like a daydream."

A tear rolls down her cheek, and I pull her into a hug. It's awkward really - I can only wrap my hands around the stomach of the ten foot Ocean Goddess.

"That son of a-"

"Joel?" Gem sends me a 'look at Lizzie, stay silent and take in the moment' look, and so I sealed my mouth.

I place a kiss on her scaly face, and wriggle out of the hug before punching my hand into my palm.

"Watch me die right here right now, folks," I yell to the sky. "Because I'm gonna beat the crap out of that smug man's ass,"

And I leap off the tower, rockets in hand to find Scott.

This is probably where I die, I think.

But it will be worth it when I die a hero avenging my wife.