XXXIV

Joey's POV:

"I want nothing to do with you, Xornoth,"

The words taste sour on my tongue, and I can feel the heartache pulsing through my veins. But he doesn't deserve my help.

He doesn't.

Even if he looks impossibly handsome when he's uncorrupted.

No Joey, I grit my teeth, trying to get rid of those thoughts. He used you. Against your own will.

But I find my gaze crawling back to Xornoth's beautiful eyes.

Magenta eyes, accompanied by his hair, coloured by the same shade, pulled back into a simple plait. His attire, whilst similar to Scott's, is black, periwinkle blue carefully embroidering the rim of his collar. Small, gold buttons pierce his clothing, matching the gorgeous bangles dangling off his wrists.

Who am I kidding? I ask myself. You know that you're helplessly in love.

"How many times will I have to tell you," he asks, his face pulling into a ridiculously adorable pout. "That it wasn't me hurting you or your friends?"

But before I could answer, there's a figure pummelling through the window, before crashing neatly onto my unmade bed.

"Pearl?" I ask, squinting to make out her pale face.

"How many totems do you have, Joey?" she asked, desperation clawing into her voice.

"Uh, nice to see you too?" I reply bitterly. "And do you really believe that I'll give you my entire totem stash so you can pop each one?"

Pearl lets out an exasperated scoff and mutters something like 'I don't have time for this' under her breath.

"You and I both know that I can beat you in a fight," Pearl folded her arms across her chest with an expectant look plastered on her face. "And Xornoth will be a piece of cake - especially uncorrupted,"

A look of shock ripples through my expression.

"Did you really think I wouldn't notice?" she asks incredulously. "Now that's just insulting. Just because I am a woman does not make me any lesser than any man!"

She pulls her sword from her sheath.

"Show me where it is, and I won't have to kick your ass,"

Rolling my eyes, I step out of the bedroom, down the hall, out the gates and start to wind through the dense jungle.

"No funny business, you two," she says, her tone a warning that she isn't messing around. "The loverboy and his boyfriend will make a great addition to our angsty group of server members,"

Angsty?

What's happened since my departure?

"Fill me in, would you?" I request.

"Katherine and Joel are siblings, Jimmy has gone underwater to find Lizzie who kidnapped Scott and neither of them three have returned, Sausage and Gem are currently unconscious, fWhip's mourning, Joel's panicking, Katherine's worrying, Shrub's overthinking and Pix is becoming the server-wide therapist," she blurted all in one breath.

My brain cells are quaking only at the thought of processing all that information.

Pearl, who's panting in a valiant attempt to regain her breath, starts fumbling with shulker boxes as we enter my stash room. She starts to empty out the chests as I dig through my ender-chest, retrieving all the totems I can find from inside.

My eye catches Xornoth waiting at the door, a look of uncertainty on his face.

"What are you waiting for?" she yells, her tone sugarcoated in hostility. Even if her back was turned to him, it was evident she was talking to Xornoth.

The elf hastily hurries into the room, pulling handfuls of totems from the chests and emptying them into the shulkers.

"That'll be sufficient," Pearl closes up the shulker box and urges us to hurry on.

She yanks the string on her elytra, but I manage to yell "Pearl!" and grasp her attention.

"Xornoth doesn't have an elytra, or natural bird wings!" I cry.

"Get him to stay back!" she shouts back.

I look at Xornoth, who gives me a curt nod and a warm smile.

Pearl's off into the air, and I launch off into the sky, my colourful avian wings flapping gracefully behind me.

I'm leaving Xornoth at the Lost Empire.

What could possibly go wrong?

Hello there! Fox here, just quickly filling you in on what happened! I just seperated each POV to have its own chapter. I hope you all enjoy, and keep an eye out for my writers block is nearing an end and I'm planning to update every single one of my books with a chapter very very soon!
As always, stay safe, spread kindness and of course, have fun. 
~Fox Out <3