Chapter 8

"Your fault." - Jay

"Shut up. Your fault." - Sejal

"Why did you have to distract me?" - Jay

"Why did you have to watch?" - Sejal

"Please stop both of you. Haven't we had enough for a day? An accident on first day itself..! Just be grateful no one is hurt. Let's just pay this fellow and eat. " - Alia

Sejal paid the car mechanic advance & came back.

"What do we do now?" - Jay

"I don't know. It's 9PM. This trip is turning out to be such a bad idea.." - Alia sighed.

"Shit happens.. but what do we do?" - Sejal

"What do we do?" - Jay

"What do we do?" - Alia

"What do we do?" - Sejal

"Stop saying what do we do!" - Alia

"Ya but otherwise what do we do?" - Jay

"What do we do?" - Ridima joined them from the car.

"Ok stop. No one says what do we do. No one says anything." - Sejal.

Everyone stopped and looked at Sejal with hope.

"You know what, I always hated our planned trips. But this - this is so much fun. Spontaneous. On the edge. I say we do something nasty again!" - Sejal

"Like what? Spending night on road?" - Jay

"Ooooh I like the sound of that" - Sejal

"Taking next train to wherever it takes us?" - Alia said looking at Jodhpur train station across the road.

"Wow.. bucketlist alert!" - Sejal jumped.

"Going back and fighting the goons?" - Ridima said with sleepy eyes from the window.

"Look who's up! but no. Maybe not." - Alia

"Maybe all three. Some day. But let's start with train tonight?" -Sejal looked at Alia

"Vanilla.. are you sure? We don't even know what kinda seats we will get now." - Alia

"See we will take some nearby location. Anyway car will take 1 day to get fixed. Let's go to bikaner, or indore.. maybe jaisalmer. Or whatever falls close. We will take a 1 day trip and come back here.. and continue the trip in car." - Sejal looked at them both with her signature puppy eyes.

Jay & Alia looked at each other & smiled. They could never say no to whatever Sejal asked for with her puppy eyes.

"You okay with that Ridima?" - Alia

"I know you wana be in Delhi.. but this does sound fun. I mean even we are on a roadtrip just for fun." - Sejal

"I don't know.. I am supposed to do this trek with my boyfriend and kinda patch things up." - Ridima sounded hesitant.

"Where's he coming from?" - Alia

"Delhi." - Ridima.

"Well I don't know what happened between you two. And I'm not asking this to stop you from going.. but does he deserve this? You going all the way from Surat to Delhi to patch things up?"

"if both of us thought that way, We will never patch up right?" - Ridima smiled. She had a point.

"Yeah.. you have to find a middle ground in relationships." - Alia.

"hmm... middle ground you say?" - Sejal whispered to herself. Ridima looked confused.

"Sorry?" - Ridima

"Why don't you find a middle ground? You are in Rajasthan. Delhi is not far. Ask him to come here. We will go to jaisalmer meanwhile. Spend a day and return here. If this patchup means something to him, he will come for you. He will make an effort." - Sejal.

Ridima looked half convinced. Alia smiled at Sejal, with pride in her eyes.

"What do you think?" - Jay

"I mean our tickets and all are booked.." - Ridima.

"You can tell him you missed the flight. things went haywire. It can be a test." - Alia

Ridima sighed. Jay sensed her awkward state.

"We're putting too much pressure on you. Sorry for even bringing this up Ridima. You can still go if you want. We can arrange something for you to go to Delhi." - Jay

"It's not.. It's not you. I guess I'm just afraid to find out the result of this test. Specially because..
I think I know what's gonna happen." - Ridima looked down.

There was an awkward silence for a while.

"See I don't know what it is that makes us feel concerned about you.. but we just do. Sometimes it helps to do the scary thing. It helps you find out your limits as a couple. You're afraid of the result, I know.. but imagine if he comes through.. you will know how much you mean to him." - Jay.

"When did you two grow up so much?" - Alia looked at Jay with pride now.. Jay smiled.

"What say Ridima?"

Ridima smiled.

"I say let's go to Jaisalmer!"