two

Tuesday, October 26th, 1985
Sierra Household
6:45 AM

Mickayla's POV:

I was awaken by the piercing noise of my alarm blaring throughout my room

I was awaken by the piercing noise of my alarm blaring throughout my room. Realizing todays the day where I attend Hawkins High. I groan as I get up to get ready preparing for the day I know I was going to have. Making everyone love me. California was MY place. I ruled the placed and I was going to make my mark in Hawkins just as I did there. As I finish applying that last bit of mascara along with my eyeliner, I rummage through my box of clothes I haven't unpacked pulling out my dark blue pair of straight flare jeans, a fitted black T-shirt along with a leather jacket that belonged to my late older brother who died when I was a kid. I hardly wore to not ruin it, pulling on my doc martens, spraying my perfume walking down the stairs to see my parents waiting for me outside the driveway.

"What are you guys doing and why do you guys look like someone died?" I questioned.

My father stepped up to me, taking a sip from his coffee. "My eldest daughter." Great. A speech. "You're mother and I have decided you need some responsibility in your life to shape you up." He smirked at me mid sentence "Me and your mother decided to let you keep the Challenger." He pulls the keys from his jacket and hangs them up in the air for me to grab. As I reach for the keys, he yanks them back. "But, like I said YOU are responsible for what happens to it, this isn't just a car, it's a responsibility for you as a lesson, along with your sister, since you both will be using it." I glance at my sister who's even more giddy and excited about the car then me.

"She barley knows how to drive Dad, what do you mean "both will be using it." I scoff

"She'll have the practice." He clenched his jaw as he stepped closer to my face. "Get to school, both of you."

I sigh, as I grab the keys settling into the drivers seat, my sister in the passenger. I start the ignition and begin to pulling out my tapes for the cassette player.

"Please, don't make me go deaf." Katherine whines to me.

"Oh my baby sister, what kind of sister would I be if I didn't." I laugh as I blast "Bat Country" by Avenged Sevenfold.

(...)

As I pull into the parking lot of Hawkins High, I can already see the eyes noticing the car and the mysterious two new girls. I notice my sister somewhat nervous, we may not have a great-loving sisterly relationship but she was still my sister.

"Hey, don't be nervous, we're going to be fine." I try comforting her.

She sighs before opening her mouth to say something
"I just don't want it to be like how it was at home. Living under your shadow." She confessed

"Hey. You're not living under my shadow, we're completely different opposites. You build your own reputation, I build mine. We're related to each other no matter what, and believe it or not I have your back no matter what little sister." I pushed her arm playfully "Just don't try to be like me. You wouldn't want to feel the way I do. Let's get out of this car and make Hawkins our bitch."