twelve

*Drug Use*

Saturday, November 1st, 1985
StarCourt Mall
12:00 PM

Mickayla's POV:

"You know I've never been to the world famous "Starcourt

"You know I've never been to the world famous "Starcourt." I laugh at Billy

"Because you're boring and stay home ever since we moved here." Katherine exclaims from the backseat.

"We've been here a week, I still don't get how you know more about this town then we both do." I scoff

"That's because she didn't get into a fight her first day of school." Billy says

"Or spends her free time with a boy." Max says

"I don't see her complaining what's wrong with hanging out with me." Billy asks with a exaggerated shocked expression as he looks at the girls from the rear view mirror.

"Is it pick on Mickayla day or something? Jesus." I roll my eyes as we pull up to Starcourt Mall."

But they were right, I haven't made the effort to hang out with anyone besides the times I do interact with Billy, especially with the people who were so welcoming when I got here.

We all get out of Billy's car, walking towards the entrance of the mall.

"Alright children, meet us by the fountain at 3:00, it's 12:00 so that gives you 3 hours to do whatever you want, don't get arrested, and don't do drugs. Find us if you need us." Billy tells the two girls as they walk away from him. Billy then turns to me.

"Now what do YOU wanna do sweetheart." Billy rubs his jaw.

"You tell me, what do you usually do with the girls you take here."

"You really expect me? Hargrove? To be seen with a girl in public? Do you really think that high and mighty of me Sierra?" Billy smirks poking his tongue into his cheek.

"You're right, I forgot you take the girls who everyone honestly despises in public, how brave." I playfully tap on his cheek. "But really I'm kinda hungry."

"Burger King."

"Burger King? Not even a fancy restaurant?"

"They give out crowns when you ask for them and I want one, we're going to Burger King." Billy says grabbing my hand leading me into the food court. "Go sit, I'll order."

I tell him what I want and make my way to a table sitting close to where Billy was. I look around and see the environment, the young teens shopping and giggling, teenagers on dates, adults with their kids struggling to keep them from running off. It just feels like Disneyland. I see two familiar faces across the mall in sailor uniforms. Robin and Steve.

Billy comes back with our food, and his dumb crown, we eat and it turns out. Burger King isn't that bad.

"Please take the crown off." I beg