thirty-five

I highly encourage listening to "here with me" by d4vd at a certain part of the story because it makes it 100% better I PROMISE.

I'll use : •
to let you know if you do listen while reading!!
Thank you and enjoy!!

(...)

Tuesday, January 12th, 1986
Hawkins, Indiana
7:27 PM

Mickayla's POV:

Driving for goddamn almost 24 hours straight wasn't something I was looking forward too, Billy, Damien, and I switched from time to time as whoever got sleepy  and needed to rest

Driving for goddamn almost 24 hours straight wasn't something I was looking forward too, Billy, Damien, and I switched from time to time as whoever got sleepy  and needed to rest. The whole car ride basically was filled with a comfortable silence if we weren't messing around, listening to music, or even talking about everything. Katherine and I basically filled Damien in with everything that he missed while he was gone it felt surreal as it felt as if it was an out of body experience.

I knew we were back in Hawkins when I saw all the goddamn trees. I can feel the pit in my stomach beginning to form of nervousness, all the shit that happened once I left was slowly coming back to me. Having to face my mother, sooner or later my father, going back to highschool, even graduating. I had began to fiddle with fingers again, Billy taking notice and grabbing onto one of my hands interlocking his fingers with mine.

"We'll be fine, I promise you're overthinking." Billy says gripping the steering wheel.

"WELCOME TO HAWKINS."

I shudder at the sight of the sign, the goosebumps spreading across my body, my sense of reality instantly disappearing. All the bad memories and feelings came back to me taking in I never once faced my reality. The reality of coming back and facing my problems.

"This is where you guys moved too?" Damien said with a disgusted look on his face. "It looks so sad and gloomy."

"Exactly." Katherine, Billy, and I said in unison.

We continued to follow Hopper, not knowing where we were even going, if we were going back to our parents houses we were all fucked, we were all fucked regardless for leaving.

With my luck, Hopper had guided us and everyone else to Mike and Nancy's house, again with my luck all of our parents are probably there.

We parked a little away from the driveway to not cause any suspicion, we all poured out of our vehicles, stretching our aching bones that haven't moved. I watched as Damien began to get out of the car until I stopped him.

"Where do you think you're going?" I whisper at him as he sunk back down into the car seat.

"Gee, I don't know have a reunion with our mom maybe? Possibly our father?" Damien said furrowing his eyebrows.