fourteen

Monday, November 3rd, 1985
Mickayla's Challenger —> History Class
7:45-8:05AM

Mickayla's POV:

I couldn't process anything Eddie said besides the fact my dads back to drinking, let alone becoming a drug leader

I couldn't process anything Eddie said besides the fact my dads back to drinking, let alone becoming a drug leader. There was nothing I could do or even say, all I can do in the moment was not think about it and continue on with my day. I look at Eddie and embrace him into a hug, and he hugs me back, his scent of cologne filling my nose, he was different from Billy more musky mixing with the scent of weed.

"I'm sorry Eddie, I know he's pretty aggressive, try living with him for 17 years." I swallow the lump in my throat that was forming, alone quickly wiping the tears from eyes away.

"I'm sorry also Sierra. Let's not worry about it let's go get an education." Eddie says smiling down at me.

I get into the car, starting it, speeding it down to school, ironic it was also the first day back after everything. I finally pull into the parking lot next to Steve's car. The three of us getting out walking towards the entrance of the school. It was like the first day all over again all eyes on me. I uncomfortably walked pulling my bag over my shoulder. As the bell rings for class, I wave bye to Eddie and make my way into History, sitting at the same spot next to Billy who's already there watching me sit next to him.

"Why hello, Queen of Hawkins." He says in his low voice.

"Hey, King of Hawkins." I say to him smiling at him putting my chin to the palm of my hand. "How was going home?"

"Honestly, it wasn't bad, he yelled but all bark no bite this time." He shrugged

"Good, cause the next time it happens I'm marching over and doing something about it." I shift myself from the position I was in, into an upright position, Billy's best friends- Tommy and Carol walking in. Great. They walk sitting themselves in front of Billy and I, Carol looking at me up and down, Tommy smirking.

"So what's going on with this." Tommy says shifting his eyes between me and Billy.

"What do you mean going on with this?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows together.

"Everyone knows about the party, you guys aren't slick enough as you guys thought." Carol chews her gum, laughing.

"We were drunk, stop talking about it." Billy snaps at her.

"She already knows Billy, can't wait for your conversation next period with her." Carol laughs turning around as the teacher begins to speak.

I grab a piece of paper and write a note to Billy.
I'm not getting in your business, but I thought you and Tina weren't anything.

I slide it over to him, keeping my eyes on our teacher teaching us the same boring lectures. Billy slides the note back over to me.

We aren't anything, she thinks we are. Stop getting jealous sweetheart.