twenty-four

*Alcohol Abuse, Abuse, Talks about Suicide*

December 25th, 1985
Sierra Household
9:30 AM

Mickayla's POV:

It's been almost over a month since Billy and I ever saw each other at StarCourt

It's been almost over a month since Billy and I ever saw each other at StarCourt. The most dreadful month, I would see him here and there in his driveway, whenever he would leave and comeback, we both stopped leaving our window and blinds open to see one another, now my blinds are always shut, window always locked. I sometimes wonder if he missed me. If he felt the dreading emptiness I feel when thinking about him.

I've grown more closer to Katherine, shocker, turns out going through a "breakup" with someone you've never even dated helps fix relationships with others.

I've been performing new songs though, it kinda keeps my mind busy. I'm working on a new song as well, all my feelings that I've felt about Billy, all my pain, written onto one piece of paper, but I highly doubt I'll ever be brave enough to sing it out loud to anyone.

Steve and Eddie finally admitted to me that they were hanging out with Billy more and honestly at first it did bother me but, I can't control who they talk to, they reassured to me every time they aren't choosing sides, but honestly I don't even care, I'm definitely not over Billy, whatsoever, but I got better at hiding it.

I got more dependent on marijuana, unfortunately, but hey a little weed never hurt anyone.

It was Christmas, one of the holidays I truly did love.

"Merry Christmas sis." Katherine smiled handing me a tiny little box with a tiny little bow on top. I take the box from her hands, unraveling it. Two beautiful bracelets that had our first initial and last name engraved into it.

My eyes began to fill with tears, wrapping my arms around her small body.

"Thank you, I love our sister bracelets."

Despite Christmas being one of my favorites, it was also draining knowing Damien wasn't here with us for almost 5 years now and no one besides Katherine understanding my pain. Not even my parents who act like he doesn't exist.

I hand Katherine's present to her. It was a framed picture of Damien, Her, and I when we were younger at the beach. She unraveled the picture, a slight gasp escaping her lips. She looks up to me tears of happiness falling from her face. She hugs me tightly sobbing into my chest.

"Thank you for this. I miss him so much." She whimpers.

"I know I miss him too. We'll go visit him soon. I promise." My voice cracking struggling to not cry. She finally collects herself, smiling at me.

"Hey, I have to go give Max her present, I'll be back if mom asks." I give her a small nod when she gives me a slight smile before exiting out the door.