six

Thursday, October 29th, 1985
7:25 AM
Sierra Household

Mickayla's POV:

I wake up to the pounding noises coming from my bedroom door

I wake up to the pounding noises coming from my bedroom door. Shit. Billy. I quickly shift my eyes to where Billy spent the night last night, only to find him not there, instead a note.

Woke up early for you wouldn't get into even more trouble for having a boy in your room. Thanks for letting me stay. See you later Sweetheart.
-Bill

I smile at the note stuffing it under my pillow, quickly getting up to open my bedroom door. Expecting to see my father, but instead was surprised to see who it was. Katherine.

(...)

Katherine's POV:

My sister opens the door quickly, thinking she was going to see our father

She sighs in relief I wasn't him. "Yes Katherine?" She says rubbing her sweat off her forehead.

"Hey, uh, you don't need to take me to school, I can drive, I already told dad don't worry, uh just hand me the keys please? I asked nervously

Mickayla groans as she grabs the keys from her vanity.
"Scratch it, and you're dead, school and straight home please." She pleads

"You got it Sis." I take the keys from her, a lingering silence after. "I'm sorry, you know, about what happened last night. I told them it wasn't you're fault, you were just protecting yourself." I confess to her.

Mickayla looks down at the floor once she hears my apology to her, thinking of the next thing she was going to say. She looks back up at me her eyes telling me a story.

"Don't be sorry, don't apologize for my actions. But thank you, for defending me." She lets out. She then pulls me into a small embrace. "Have fun at school, tell everyone I'm doing alright and I won't be back until Monday."