twenty-five

December 26th,1985
Sierra Driveway
2:00 AM

Mickayla's POV:

Loading up my car with a couple bags of mine and Katherine wasn't my ideal method of an escape

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Loading up my car with a couple bags of mine and Katherine wasn't my ideal method of an escape. But after tonight. It seemed like the best option, it was the best option right now. My mother was no where to be seen, so there was no point of even telling her what ao was doing instead I wrote a note and left it on the damn fridge.

Billy understood why I needed to go, why I needed an escape, why I needed to go back to California for a couple weeks, maybe a month who knows. I called up the Byers asking them if Katherine and I were able to stay there for a while, they were concerned but I told Hopper and Joyce that I'll explain it to them once I got there.

Finishing up loading some basic necessities into my car, along with the some money I've had hidden away for a while from work into my pocket that. Billy and Max snuck out their home to see us once more. I reckon Billy informed Max about this. The little red head, her beautiful eyes now turned sad and dull as she runs up to me wrapping her little arms around me.

"I'm going to miss you, so much, thank you for being the big sister I never had." She whimpers

"I'm coming back, it's only temporary, go say bye to Katherine, she needs it most from you." I give her small smile before her little arms unravel from my waist. Making my way towards Billy hugging him now instead.

"Promise you'll be okay?" I told him squeezing him tightly then ever.

"I promise, I'll be the first one out here when you get back." He places a soft kiss on my forehead. Before I allow my self to look at him, hyper-fixing his features in my head.

"I love you." I tell him quietly, small tears forming in my eyes.

"And I love you sweetheart, please call me any chance you get." He pulls me into a kiss a more gentle version, a pitiful kiss, pulling away smiling in between our lips.

"I will, promise" I give him a small smile, giving him one last peck before leaving this god forsaken town.

I enter the drivers seat, taking a deep breath before starting the car, glancing over to Katherine. Nodding our heads at each other for reassurance. Pulling out from my driveway, watching Billy and Max disappear from my view as I drive along the road filled with trees. The same trees that I watched swing in the air when we first entered town, the rush of memories swarming my mind in just a little amount of time here. The happy ones, the sad ones, the angry ones, the dumb ones, the funny ones, the true memorable ones. I glance over to Katherine who was sleeping peacefully in the passenger seat, glancing back to the road passing the damn sign.

"NOW LEAVING HAWKINS. COME AGAIN SOON."

(...)

Monday, December 27th, 1985
Gas Station somewhere in New Mexico
5:30 AM