eighteen p.1

Friday, November 16th, 1985
Sierra Household —> Hawkins High Gym
4:00 PM

Mickayla's POV:

It was Friday, that means it was homecoming, I didn't even care about the dance, I cared more about the half-written song I didn't have ready and I needed it by tomorrow night

It was Friday, that means it was homecoming, I didn't even care about the dance, I cared more about the half-written song I didn't have ready and I needed it by tomorrow night. It was also the championship game, before the dance so I was going to stay and watch Billy play his dumb basketball game along with Steve and Lucas. I was already stuck at the school anyways, since Katherine didn't want to leave Max and the rest of the kids since they were enjoying their time with Will and El being here, and I can tell my sister had a thing for Will, and I didn't just want to deal with driving back and forth so I decided to just stick with them in the parking lot of the highschool. (WILL ISNT FRUITY HERE IM SORRY FORGIVE ME HE DESERVES HAPPINESS RN.)

"So Max, are we going to be supporting Lucas tonight?" I ask her, widening my eyes, tucking in my lip, before smiling at her. She likes the kid, but she always had to hide it from Billy due to his overprotective issues.

"Maybe. I don't know. Should I? I need advice you're older then the rest of us." She says dropping her shoulders down, resting herself on the trunk of my car.

"If you like a boy, you'll know, that goes for the both of you too, I know El is very much in love with Mike here, so that's a conversation for you to have with your parents. Dustin's doing long distance, which is good for him, that's hard to do. Katherine and Will, we are not going to ignore the fact that you both find each other attractive, so please do something about it."

Everyone in the group busts out laughing, like they already knew all this information.

"You guys are laughing now but when someone gets their heartbroken first, you guys won't be laughing. That's the part that sucks." I tell them shrugging my shoulders.

"Mickayla, no offense but when have you ever been in love to be telling us all this." Katherine says.

"She's in love with Billy, that's who." Max says side-eyeing Katherine.

"I am not in love with Billy." I tell her getting pretty defensive if I wanna admit that.

No.

There's absolutely no way.

"Billy has a girlfriend, why would I cry over someone I can't have, I'm not saying that I can't technically have anyone I want but" I was cut off by a deep-husky voice. Speak of the devil, him, himself.

"You know the next time you guys talk about someone, make sure they aren't present." He laughs, making the kids wander off somewhere else as they laugh at what I just did.

"I didn't have your name in my mouth." I say

"Yeah, okay sure, that's why you specifically said and I quote "Billy" besides, you can have that name coming out your mouth." He smirks sticking the tip of his tongue run across his bottom lip, walking closer to me his body closer to mine. His beautiful lips, the way I craved his lips and his tongue so desperately. No. Snap out of it. What the fuck am I talking about? And thinking about?