Chapter Thirty Seven

My screams echoed through the huge empty room as the pain took over. It wasn't like when I had broke my arm jumping out the window or when I had got in the car accident. It wasn't nearly as bad as waking up motherless, with only a dad to take care of me. Or hurting myself to take my own shame and guilt out on myself.

This was the in between stage where my friend that I wasn't close with but knew well had committed suicide. Though this was actual physical pain, this was happening to my body not to my mental state of mind.

This pain was different than the rest, before it was nice and clean, this one seemed to take on a whole different level.

My vision blurred even more as I tried to blink away the tears. Everything around me going in and out of focus. I was seeing three Lukes but I knew the one in the middle was the robot one, the only one here.

I tried to push away but my arm wouldn't move and my head was throbbing in pain and my legs were frozen in place.

I was the prey and I knew right then and there that I was going to die.

"Leave her alone!" I heard what sounded like Luke from far away and it was like a breath of fresh air. It gave me a little bit of hope that maybe I would be saved after all. There was a sound of feet stomping on the ground but I could barely hear it as the sound of me gasping filled my ears.

I don't really know what I was expecting to have happened when I walked through those doors but this wasn't it.

I thought robot Luke would be kind and gentle after his day of being reprogrammed but it looks like the total opposite happened. It was scary to see how he had went from a kind gentle robot to a monster right in front of my very eyes.

"Looks like your friends decided to join the party." I heard Luke chuckle.

"Nexia!" I heard Aaron cry out, he sounded close but I couldn't really tell where he was.

My eyes were beginning to shut, the pain slowly ebbing away. It was like my subconcious knew that with so much pain there should be a point where it just stopped all together and I could finally relax.

A deep pressure was exerted onto my chest and I heard another crack as my ribs gave way. I couldn't feel it though as I was going in and out of consciousness.

"Nexia, Nexia!" I heard the far away cries. I could just barely hear them, their voices were a dull whisper in the back of my head.

I knew I had to stay awake but my body was shutting down against my own will. It helped though to fall asleep with the pain that ran through my body as it slowly started to dissipate.

"Please stay awake the boys are worried about you." Luke murmured softly, but I could hear the teasing tone behind it.

"Oh Nexia, Nexia. Leave her alone." He taunted. I felt my body being heaved forward, my head falling through the open air, lulling back.

I was being pulled by my shoulders up. One of Lukes big hands clasped around my hip bone as the other stayed where it was.

My eyes slowly opened, but my eyelids were heavy with sleep and they closed again. Lukes hard mechanical fingers dug into my shoulder blade roughly making me cry out.

"You can't fall asleep on me. The fun has just begun." His laughter roared throughout the room and loudly in my ear.

Luke shook me rapidly making my body jolt around, my feet flying through the air. My eyes flew open and I blinked around me at the blinding light.

I blinked trying to regain my composure. Robot Lucas held me up in the air, keeping me away from Aaron and Luke. As they stepped back seeing how close Lucas was to throwing me.

Aaron bit his lip with his eyes wide and filling with tears. It was a sad sight to see, one that I would never want to but it wasn't like I could take away his tears.

"If you guys come any closer I'll kill her." Lucas told them holding me higher in the air. My hand gripped his forearm hoping that he wouldn't drop me. His one arm pushing me up from my hips, the other one on my shoulder.

It was like he was getting ready to throw me. My stomach churning as I waited for him, to feel the impact or the way the air went through my hair, and my body pushing through it.

"You can't kill her Lucas." Luke tried to reason with the robot, his eyes wide and bright with worry. He stood a good distance back from us with Aaron glaring hatefully between the two identical boys.

"That is where you're wrong dear Luke." Lucas chuckled evily and I glanced down at him to see a sneer spread over his perfect lips.

"Lucas let her go. Now." Luke spoke in a deep voice, his eyes turned into slits looking at the robot that held me over his head.

There was a moment where everything seemed to stop, to stand still while I was in his hands being hoisted almost eight feet up off the ground.

"You want me to let her go? I'll let her go." Lucas yelled at them and suddenly I was flying through the air.

Vote, comment, follow. There will be less then fifteen chapters left in this story and I am getting ready to make a new one.

I would love for your input on what you thought of this one so far. The closer I get to the ending the more I hope to see that this book does great because I have put so much time and effort into it.

Give me positive feedback please and I will update shortly.
Thank you. :)