Chapter Thirteen

I pulled Lukes dry bloodied white shirt off of the bed and groanned in annoyance, it would forever be stained and not even a bottle of bleach could fix it. Why did he have to wear white, and when had he ever got white?
All i've seen so far was black, black and black. Though in a matter of three days it wasn't like I had seen his wardrobe it could have been his usual night shirt since it was wrinkled up unlike his black shirts that were pressed and perfect.
Its been hours since they left and Luke came in again after he got ready and he came over to give me a hug and a forehead kiss seeming surprised that I was up.
I made sure to wrap my arms around him and to put my hand on his chest before he left but I felt nothing. It could have just been my imagination going wild I had a tendency to do that, and sometimes it got out of hand.
I was still debating if Luke being here at all was just my subconcious playing a mean nasty prank on me. But I don't think I could be that imaginative I was pretty bland at doing that so that wasn't the case.
It could be from lack of sleep that I am hearing the paranoia in his voice and thinking that he had a heart beat, and that maybe he had been crying. I knew I haven't been on my sleeping schedule and that sometimes when that happens I get a little bit messed up, especially after having them dreams.
The ones about the beautiful brunnette female that had gave me life, the one that ended up losing her own.
My breath caught in my throat as I brough the shirt to put it into the empty washing machine deciding to give it a try with a cup or two of bleach. I wasn't really good with doing laundry but I knew a thing about it.
After it started up I grabbed a clean fluffy brown towel as I made my way to the bathroom to get ready to take a shower not knowing how exactly I should do it all. I bit my lip as I went back to the kitchen to look for a plastic bag or a garbage bag anything really that I could put over my cast. A few minutes later I had grabbed a new garbage bag and was putting my arm inside it as I grabbed a few headbands and strapped them around the opening on my shoulder.
Then I sauntered back into the bathroom to begin the long process of my usual shower which would become complicated. I liked it better than it being a perfect shower though.
Fifteen minutes later I was hoping out of the shower, ringing my hair out as I wrapped the towel around me. I pulled the garbage bag off of my arm throwing the headbands to the side.
The process was long and boring and it was hard to wash my right side when my left hand was bagged up and I couldn't even wash my left side because of the cast. I felt dirty because of it.
I did the best I could to put my hair into a messy bun and dried myself off going to my room in search of clothes to wear. I stopped in front of my underwear drawer and grabbing a matching pair as I put the bra and underwear on and let the towel drop as I continued on in my search for clothes.
My index finger tapped my chin thoughtly as I looked through the other drawers and without much success I went to my closet. There I found my ankle length black and red stripped skirt and an aztec print black and white tanktop.
In all honesty I didn't know what I would do, or if I would even give him a chance, though it was magical when he had kissed me. The way his lips felt on mine and how it had made me feel. It felt perfect, too perfect. And everything does come to an end.
I sat down on the edge of my bed contemplating what I should do, and how I should go through with it. I knew that I shouldn't get attached to Luke and I would if he stayed here any longer, hell I was already getting attached to that Austrailian robot which wasn't a good thing. If he wasn't so cute or how he was it would be so much easier to get rid of him. But I didn't know if I could do it with how he is acting now.
"We're home." I heard dads voice called out. My ears perked up at the nosie as I looked towards the kitchen. "And we brought pizza." Luke called and I jumped eagerly out of my seat hearing the sound of my favourite food being said. The smell of it started to float towards my nose and I inhaled the delicious aroma. I came into the kitchen to see Luke was carrying four boxes and dad was carrying a fifth.

They were smart enough to bring extras. I licked my lips as I bounded towards dad grabbing his box. "Thank you." I told him with a kiss to his cheek as I started to turn around to go to the kitchen but Luke was in front of me blocking my path. He grinned down at me with the four boxes in his hand.
As his other one quickly pulled me into a side hug as he nuzzled his head into the side of my neck as he let out a deep breath.
"I've missed you so much." He told me in a strangled voice and I ran my fingers through his hair.
"I missed you too." I said as I rested my head against his. He smiled pulling back.
"Can't I get a kiss?" He asked shyly turning his head to the side so I could kiss his cheek like I had to dad. I quickly thought about it knowing that it was just a cheek kiss and I had done far worse letting him kiss me and kissing him back.
I pursed my lips playfully as he stood there with a finger on his cheek bone showing me where to kiss.
"Fine." I rolled my eyes and huffed as I bent in to give him a kiss, his head moved quickly as soon as my lips were about to touch his cheek and instead connected with his lips. I pulled back surprised as he let out a chuckle and I hit him lightly with the side of my pizza box.
"Lucas Robert Hemmings I am surprised!" I gasped out dramatically as he gave me a cheeky grin, but in that few seconds the kiss was different it wasn't like how it had been in the room when he had kissed all my scars and than my lips that was filled with passion and his lips were soft and loving against mine. It was soft to but it was quick and not just that but I felt so much in that kiss in my room. It held everything that I wanted, and needed.
I tried to not let it affect me but I wanted to cry again, I guess I was just emotional lately. Luke scanned me up and down in awe and I rolled my eyes at his look as I made my way to the living room to eat.
"You look beautiful but-" Luke began. "You would look so much better without makeup on. No need to hide that gorgeous face of yours." His voice followed me into the living room as he plopped the rest of the pizzas on the small table out here.
Dad came in from the kitchen with two red plastic cups and a big bottle of pepsi and mountain dew. He set them down on the table as well going to sit in his usual arm chair as Luke and I took the couch.
"Makeup is my best friend." I told Luke with a simple shrug and he frowned at this.
I placed my own box down on the table and opened it up letting the smell over power the room I grabbed a big piece as dad started to fill the cups with half pepsi and half mountain dew mixing them together how we liked. I propped my legs up on the edge of the already full table but Luke grabbed them carefully and brought them to place on his lap as he made sure to carefully run his thumb over the cuts.
"I'm your best friend, so get rid of the other one." He had a sullen look in his face as he looked down at my legs which were covered up by my long flowing skirt. Probably remembering what he had saw, and what could just be erased with a click of a button if he didn't want to remember it anymore if it got to traumatic for him.
"How did the testing and everything go?" I tried to distract him and it seemed to work for the most part as he looked up at me blinking. His hand still rubbed the spot and it didn't hurt so I didn't try to stop him. "It went exceptionally well. He passed all the testing flawlessly, even better than before. We had to reprogram his chip and memory card though for somethings to be set up and so we could access his hard drive to fix a few chinks. He had a crack in his interior so we had to fix it but it was quiet simple." Dad spoke up as he handed me the cup I bit into my pizza letting it hang as I grabbed my drink which Luke took from me so I had a hand that wasn't entirely damaged.
"Thank you." I said to him taking a bite of the pizza.
What seemed odd was why would they have to reprogram his memory card. Dad use to take me to his work all the time when I was younger and we never had to reprogram that when he made small metal bots with a plastic covering.
The bots that always seemed to malfuntion, but before hand they had memories and dad said we never reprogrammed them unless we had to add something to their memory or erase something. It made me curious as I looked at dad as he seemed to avoid my eyes the best he could.
"What did you add or delete from his memory?" I asked questioningly watching as Luke shrugged, he probably wouldn't know either, and it made me fear for the worst. Dad still avoided my gaze and I sighed impatiently. I needed to know what it was to see if I had to keep along with something or not.
"Nexia we'll discuss this later. For right now lets just talk. How was your day?" Dad changed the subject as I took a few more bites of my pizza.
Maybe he didn't want to say what it was in front of Luke so we wouldn't set him off.
"Boring, I mainly just sat around and did nothing." I admitted boredly, that was how my days usually were but with Luke in my daily life there would be some added affects and it would be more fun. Like jumping out of windows and getting chased like a mad man through the woods. It added a little something to my life and I loved it.
"Well Luke will be here tomorrow so you guys can hang out." My dad reminded me and Luke seemed happy about that and I was too.
"Can we do another episode of Yolo?" I asked and the grin faltered on his face as he shook his head.
"You'll get hurt, no." He spoke with evident anger, as he stared long and hard at my legs then to my stomach and arms with accusing eyes.
My back stiffened as he looked back at me with his deep blue eyes almost like he felt betrayed. It was a different light on him, he knew something he shouldn't and what he knew he didn't like or want to remember.
I placed the half eaten pizza back into the box surprising my dad as I pulled myself away from Luke as I stood up. I brushed off my skirt as I walked past them and made my way to my room angry that he would call me out like that.
It would be so much easier if he knew how to take a joke properly, and not get so serious. I knew he wanted to be nice but if dad had paid close attention to what Luke was hinting at than he might go back into his own world and I didn't want that because I just got him back.
"Where are you going?" Luke called after. I wanted to turn around and say something rude but I stopped like I had the first day he asked me that question and paused debating if I should or not, but thought better of it.
As I made my way upstairs to angry to even care at the moment. There was a possibility that I was over reacting like usual but what he said hit me and he had made it obvious in more ways than one.
I sighed shaking my head as I made my way back upstairs to my room. I heard his footsteps behind me but didn't pay attention to it as I rushed up the stairs ignoring the cuts as they ripped open from their state of being scabbed over.
"Wait-" Luke called right behind me, he grabbed my hand as I was almost all the way up and used his strength to turn me around. I stumbled as I fell back and fell into the staircase catching myself before I could fall any farther than I already had. I looked up at Luke stunned that he would do that.
He had his hands covering his mouth as if he was just as surprised as I was. I held up a finger towards him already having made up my mind on what I wanted.
"Don't ever touch me again Lucas." I hissed at him. "Don't ever talk to me, don't ever even look at me." My voice started to come out choked and strangled like I was about to cry but I was past that point. I wasn't going to cry. I wanted to scream and throw things, I wanted to punch him and not have my other hand be broken after it. I was mad, sad and angry. I didn't want anything to do with him now. I was past the point of talking it through.
"I hate you I hate you I absolutely hate you." I spoke pushing past his stone figure as he stood there dumbfounded and shocked at my quiet outburst as I made my way back up stairs and away from him. I wanted to hit something, I wanted to make anything hurt as much as I felt and than more.
Dad always had said I had a temper and it was known to fly out of proportion and it could hurt anyone around me. I never denied it just tried to hide it. But now I wanted Luke to know how bad it could be I wanted him to see the wrath and chaos that I could be.
I wanted him to realize that this is what happens when you push a girl past her breaking point over and over again.
I stomped to my room glad that I couldn't hear anyones footsteps behind me, maybe he got the idea that I wasn't one to be messed with especially right now. I opened my door only to slam it loudly behind me. It wobbled on its hinges threatening to collapse one way or another and I didn't care about my dads rule of no slamming the door as I looked around for anything to throw.
I went over to my book case and grabbed book after book as I threw them at the wall hearing the audible thunk as they made contact, and one which was an even bigger hard covered book ended up making an indent in the wall and the plaster started to crack until another book broke it open.
I wasn't done though after all the books were in a heap on the ground I grabbed the small book case that was wooden and threw it at the same wall as it opened the wall even more.
I heard the thunderous footsteps of hurried people and I went to the door quickly locking it as I made my way to my photos that were in glass ornaments and picture frames. I started to grab some not looking to see what they were a picture of.
"Nexia?" I heard dad call through the door, as I heard the door get banged as they realized that the door was locked. I paused debating if I should open it and let him in since I didn't hear Luke with him, but I didn't dare believe that Luke wasn't there.
I shook my head knowing that if I did open it I might hurt my dad with my anger, so I ignored him as he started to slam his fist at the door. I threw the first frame I had, watching as it broke after hitting the wall, and then I threw another continuously throwing them even as I heard dads yells for me to stop before I get hurt and his feeble attempts to get me to open the door.
I threw a glass ornament hearing the loud crash, it was louder than the others and the water that was in it went flying everywhere some hitting me as I continued to throw more. And that was when there was a deep an audible crack I looked at the door hearing the noise fall from there and saw that the door was cracked down the middle and there looked to be a hole in the middle of it all.
I paused dropping some of the glass globes as I watched seeing that Lukes' hand went through the door as it went to the door handle unlocking it. I squeezed the globe I had in my hand looking down at it contempating if I should throw it at him or not but than I stopped seeing whos picture was in the glass as the water began to still.
Her deep curly hair and beautiful full teethed smile as she hugged a miniature me from behind. She had her head on my shoulder as our faces were close, her golden eyes bright and vibrant. The picture we had took together just before the accident
"Nexia." I heard my fathers relieved voice say as I was engulfed in a hug and I knew whos arms were around me as he kissed my head.
The glass globe was pressed into my chest as I kept my eyes on it. Dad took me from Lukes hold giving me a side hug as he realized what I was holding and what I was staring at. Whos face I couldn't seem to look away from.
"I just need my mum."