Chapter Six

My dad stared at me curiously the next morning as I went down to breakfast suprised and elated that I was being somewhat polite to Luke. We hadn't talked a lot since when he'd almost kissed me, but he was kind enough to wait for me to wake up so we could go downstairs together. Luke was currently in the living room watching television as my dad and I were in the kitchen probably knowing that we needed a little space.

He took a sip of his coffee eyeing me over it, as I had my own coffee in my hands watching him from where I sat on the counter. Accusation layered his features, we hadn't said so many words but I knew he was proud of me for being a good daughter and not making as much of a fuss as I had been. I brushed back a loose strand of my hair that fell out of my messy bun tucking it behind my ear.

There were slight dark circles under his eyes probably from exhaustion. I felt bad he has been working so hard in his lab and not just on his other experiments, he had worked tirelessly on Luke and I wanted to distroy him.

"You need to get more sleep Mister." I chaisted him and he went along with my little act.

"I'm sorry ma'am, I'll get right on that tonight." He promised me with a laugh, my dad and I had identical personalites, we could all but read eachothers thoughts. Maybe that was why we never tried to kill eachother like other people tried to do with their relatives.

"So how is it going with Luke?" Dad whispered to me then looking around secretively. I rolled my eyes at his childness and sighed.

"I don't know. We talked but then it just went downhill from there." I admitted reluctantly letting my feet dangle to the ground.

"Don't worry it will work out I know it. He is perfect for you." My dad reminded me with a chuckle. It seems like all I've been hearing in the last two days was about how perfect he was for me, or how perfect we were and it was bugging me.

"Not everything is suppose to be perfect." I snapped rudly, my hand covered my mouth in shock that I would lash out at my dad for just one comment.

"Sorry, I'm just tired of people saying he's perfect for me." There was only two people but I decided not to say that.

"I understand but in ways he is, he's programmed to be perfect especially for you. My assistant and I had done a little research on teenage girls, and research on you and we had made the perfect boy for you."

"But dad, I don't want perfect, I want unique." I've told him this countless times, and he never seems to listen.

"Nexia it is unique, unique love." He told me softly and I shook my head at that.

"Not love, I don't love him, maybe he was programmed to love me but that's just a program and it's sad and sick. I don't want that fake love, I want the real thing. He isn't real, he is a mechanical creation, something you made in a lab, he will never get older he is like Edward never aging and I don't want that. I won't have a future with him because he isn't alive, he doesn't have a heart, it's unhuman." I was becoming emotional about this as my fingers gripped the cup harder. I don't know why my eyes were starting to brim with tears, or why I was suddenly breathing heavily, maybe because no one was listening to me when I didn't want perfect.

My hands were shaking as I tried to breath deeply to calm myself down.

"Nexia?" I heard Lukes voice call worriedly and he was in the room and next to my side in the next few seconds grabbing my hand as I was hyperventaliating. "What's happening to her?" He yelled at my dad his eyes wide as the tears began to pour, dad stood up and made his way over to me patting my back soothingly.

"She's having a panic attack." He told Luke slowly as he examined my face. Luke pulled me into him knocking the mug from my hands as it fell to the ground smashing into a hundred pieces as the coffee went everywhere. Luke sat on the counter beside me pulling me into his lap carefully and wrapping his arms around me.

This wasn't something a robot was suppose to do, they weren't suppose to care and nurture like Luke was doing, it was unnatural. Yet it felt so good to be in somebodys arms after so long, the way they were wrapped lightly around me like if he didn't hold on tightly then I would disappear.

"I'll leave you two alone." My dad told us as he kissed my forehead and walked away out the door giving us a swift backwards glance as he left, giving me a sympathetic look. He had become use to my panic attacks and he hated seeing them because then he would remember mum and then it wasn't a good night for either of us.

Luke hugged me to him, his hand rubbing my back, as his other hand ran through my hair gently like I was a baby. His head rested on top of mine as he rocked us back and forth. This was human reactions and it scared me how he seemed so well attuned to doing this with only a few days of human training no doubt.

"Hush baby girl, hush." He whispered soothingly into my ear as he bent in to kiss my forehead. Sob after sob racked my body and I gripped onto his lean waist tightly. My nails digging into his back but he gave no indentation that it hurt, probably because he didn't feel pain but felt emotions. I would worry if he was able to feel it though.

Eventually after a few minutes of his reassuring me and holding me tightly my sobs started to slow and become nothing but little hiccups and I was able to breath evenly. Luke used the long sleeve of his black shirt to wipe my tears away that were falling down my face. I knew it might be bad if his rubbery like skin got wet.

He pulled me back to look into my eyes concern layered his.

"Are you okay?" He lifted my chin up so I had to look him into the eyes. I sniffled slightly, but instead of lying I told him the truth.

"I'm not okay, but I'm better." I announced and he seemed a little relieved as he pulled me back into the hug, I felt better because of him, but I also had the panic attack because of him, so in a way it was hard to explain.

"Want to go lay down?" I nodded my head as he jumped down from the counter craddling me in his arms as he made his way to my bedroom. My dad wasn't in the front room so he must be in his room, having to deal with a little moment himself.

He pulled the door opened one handed holding me into the other like it was nothing, he walked in and pulled the duvet blankets out of their arranged position and set me on the bed. Instead of him getting up, he pulled himself under the covers to, and pulled my tightly into his chest, and I wrapped my arms around him, as we just laid there cuddled into each other and it felt good, but I knew it was wrong.