Chapter Twenty Three

I danced around the edge of the dock where the lake was while Luke looked protectively towards me ready to jump forward and tackle me if I went too close to the water. This amused me to a great extent as I pretended not to notice it closing my eyes and letting myself twirl.

I wasn't the best swimmer or dancer but I knew I could grab onto the side of the dock to keep myself alive I didn't have to have Luke so scared about my safety. I wasn't that bad and clumsy that I would fall in.

"Why don't you come and sit down with me Nexia?" He called hastily to me and I opened my eyes to see he was playing with the tips of his fingers watching me with guarded eyes.

"Why don't you come and dance with me?" I spoke with a laugh and he shook his head so I stopped in my spot putting my hands on my hips."I thought you had told me you danced?"

"I know how to dance not that I like to dance."

"Well show me your moves robot." I ushered him to me with my hands and he laughed standing up and walking over to me as I did the sprinkler.

"I think you're doing the sprinkler wrong." He aknowledge and I stopped again making a face. "You aren't suppose to be putting both of your hands out infront of you. Only one and the other one goes behind your head if i'm correct."

I flipped him off but took his advice so I wouldn't look like a complete idiot and he grinned at this.

"Lets put you on the "So You Think You Can Dance?' show." He said jokingly clapping for me.

"Yeah yeah, we both know I'm fabulous." I said and he scoffed at this grabbing me in his arms.

"I think you're perfect even if you don't like the word." Luke whispered into my ear and I looked up at him as he cupped my cheeks in his big hands.

"It's not that I just don't like the word I don't believe that anything is perfect." I stated and he seemed to take that.

"I think you are though."

"Well that is just what you think especially with how your mind is set up if it wasn't for dad and his assisstant you wouldn't think that." I told him and he shook his head at this.

"Your dad didn't even think of the plan to create me for your benefit. He just wanted to make something that could be of use to him in his lab, but his assisstant wanted to make it for you. Your dad loved the idea I guess but it was his assisstance idea to make sure that I was fully aware of you as he was."

"What do you mean his assistant?" I asked confused back tracking a little. Why would his assistant want to make something for me, he didn't even know me most likely and what did he mean make him aware of me like the assistant was?

"All that I could get out of his brain and thoughts was that it was you and he needed me to understand that. But he didn't put any feelings in me just the ones that I needed to understand. Frustration, love, jealousy, care, understanding, and some others but he didn't make me become madly in love with you.

"He just chose you to put in my brain so I would know that you were safe. And I guess I loved the challenge you made. You were such a fiesty little one and I liked it. I knew that I had been programmed to love you but I could easily have fallen for anyone else.

"Like the female at the doctors office, I knew she wanted me and I could have had her but I wanted you instead. Or the women at the lab that wanted me but I chose you. I don't have to like you but weeks of having you in my mind hearing things about you.

"Things that you liked and wanted, hearing these things made me become more aware and attentive. You were probably the first women I had seen in my thoughts waking up in that room alone, but you are also the only one I want.

"Your dad talked about you a lot to me and it made me on edge. I tried to bust out of the lab once or twice to see you but it was hard security so I had to wait.

"And the first night I had you in my arms and hearing your tired voice saying that you had tried to wait up I guess it took its toll and that was when I had permanently decided that I only wanted you. It's strange how that works but it does and I'm glad about it.

"That first night I didn't want to leave your side you tossed and turned crying out for your mum. I laid beside you and you calmed down and it was an amazing feeling to know I had that affect on you. You stayed like that but than your dad came in the next morning saying you might freak out if there was a man spooning with you so I should sit at the end of your bed so you wouldn't wack me when you woke.

"You were such a beautiful sight to see that when I saw your eyes I couldn't talk. I was at a loss of words to realize that I had laid next to the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. So when you asked me that first question with that lovely muscial voice I couldn't speak." He chuckled at this as if he could remember it plainly.

"And than you must have thought I was a creep because you covered yourself with your blanket glowering at me than yelled for dad. It was so cute how short and small like you were compared to me when I had went infront of the door but you were scared of me enough to want to jump out the window when all I wanted to do was embrace you and never let you go.

"Your dad and I had talked restlessly after you had left without telling us. He kept saying that you were fine and would be home soon. Not to worry because you just weren't sure how to take all of this and when you came back in you would have a new out look on things. Of course that wasn't how it was and I seemed to be mistaken. But I didn't stop trying.

"And i'm glad that I didn't because look where we are now." He told me extending his hand out to our surroundings with the happiest smile I had ever seen. It was a beautiful sight to see on his face even more lovely than the way the full moon seemed to shine down on us as we stood on the edge of the dock.

The crickets were restful giving us a soothing tune as we looked into eachothers eyes until I looked over at the crystal clear blue lake and seeing the small animals swimming around ignoring our presence. In a way Luke seemed to make me forget everything else and I didn't know if it was a good or bad thing.

"I would do anything to keep you safe." He whispered.

"But what could you possibly do if I were to fall into the water? You wouldn't be able to save me because that could kill you." I told him as I glanced down at the water as I spoke.

"I would sacrifice a lot for you." And in that answer I knew what he meant. If it was to save me he would do just about anything.

Hey guess what??? I updated bitches, bring on the moneyyy. I love you guys and will update soon. I am getting my phone turned off and the wi-fi at my house is going to turn on and that means that I will be able to make faster updates on my laptop and phone be happy about that. I will write again soon loves. :)

-HolyMichaelClifford