Chapter Twenty Six

At home Luke held me in his arms on his bed as he tried to quiet down my cries and screaming into the pillow. Dad had left after Luke had promised to not leave my side it wasn't like he did much anyways.

I didn't know why those four words kept haunting me or why I was becoming like this sobbing mess but Luke didn't try to ask me anything or talk to try and distract me.

His hands rubbed my back soothingly trying to calm me down as I gripped onto the pillow with all my strength and let out another loud scream. I knew it got me no where being like this but it felt good.

"Why why why?" I chocked out between sobs and looked shushed me.

"Hush baby girl, hush." Luke whispered to me voice pained, and I tried to not liking how hurt he was sounding. I bet it was probably bad to see me like this I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemies but I couldn't help but feel a little comforted by his gestures.

"Yeah that's right just calm down you're getting yourself to worked up you need to relax." He said in relief hearing that I was starting to calm down somewhat.

He kissed my forehead his lips lingering there longer than neccessary but I didn't care. I knew Luke was right I was getting to worked up and I need to just breathe.

"Want to get some pizza?" He asked me more than likely hoping that might help and I shook my head not in the mood to eat.

"I just want to sleep." I was finally able to talk though my throat made it sound like it had been crushed by a blender and it was hard to say or form the words.

"Of course baby girl." He said understandingly holding me closer to him and lightly rocking us back and forth.

"Will you sing to me Luke?" I asked him wiping my eyes to see his blurred face.

"Yes, any song in mind?" I shook my head closing my eyes and trying to make sure I kept my volume down to hear his voice.

"Beauty queen of only eighteen she had some trouble with herself. He was always there to help her she always belonged to someone else." He started to sing lullingly and I took a deep breath, his voice did seem to be relaxing and soothing to me.

"I drove for miles and miles and wound up at your door. I know I've had you so many times but somehow I want more." I let myself lull off to the sound of his voice as it relaxed me to an almost peaceful state.

"Please stay." I remember whispering to Luke. "Just stay."

"Always." Luke promied. "Forever and always."

Xx

The sound of water hitting the window woke me up and I looked around to see that I was in Lukes bed with him but he was staring out the window in awe. I moved so I was inbetween his legs and he picked me up setting me on his lap.

"Beautiful." He murmured and I looked at him to see he was staring at me not at the rain pouring down onto the window, he was staring at me with those bright memorizing eyes of his.

He was looking at me and I was curious as to know why he thought I was so beautiful after all the crying i've done. I didn't know how he thought flushed faces, abnormally loud sobbing, runny noses, red eyes and scars could be beautiful.

"I can't be beautiful. Not after all of this." I said simply and he shook his head.

"You're right." He began in a calculating voice and I didn't stop him from insulting me. "You're breath taking."

My cheeks heated at this and I bit my lip.

"How could you think I'm breath taking or the episode I had last night was beautiful?" I asked.

He seemed like he was lost in thought for a moment.

"Because someone as strong and brave like you who cares so much about others and their well being more than yourself are simply wonderful. Your personallity and the way you look crying and how you are always trying to be brave for your father the next day faking a smile is so beautiful and I am so happy to be in love with someone like you."I knew he was trying to make me smile at his words as he kissed the top of my head lovingly.

"I love you." He told me and for a moment I was positive that I loved him back.

"Luke, I love you." I felt him shake under me with laughter.

"I don't have your heart yet princess." He stated and I blushed embarrassed as I moved to hide my face into his chest.

"Don't be embarrassed that you think you love me. I'm not what you want and I know that will still have a big affect on that choice. But I'll get your heart soon." He grabbed my shoulders gently to pull me back to look into his eyes. "Don't say it until you're ready love."

I was embarrassed yes, that he would know this even when I wasn't even sure but I knew that he seemed to have a way with things, maybe he was having another sense. Maybe a sixth one I wasn't informed about?

"Look at the rain." He told me and I was glad for the subject change as I did as he told me seeing the way it splattered onto the window and started to race with every other droplet to the bottom of the window pane. I could see how everything was blurry almost like it was yesterday for me.

"Lovely."

"I wish I could run out in the rain." He spoke up and I looked at him curiously to see he was pouting. I poked him and he looked back down at me.

"We can always grab an umbrella and you can bundle up head to toe and we can go out." I told him with a grin but he shook his head sadly.

"Erik says no going outside in the rain."

"Ignore him, and be a rebel. I always do." I said simply with a shrug and he seemed to think of that for a moment but shook his head.

"I always seem to attract wet things."

"You are just a bucket of boring bolts." I said in monotone shaking my head.

"Well thanks babe." He spoke sarcastically and I gave him a big grin closing my eyes.

"You're welcome boo." I said and leaned in kissing him. I opened my eyes to see he was just beginning to open his, they looked more vibrant then the day before and I smiled at him.

"This moment is perfect and since we missed school." He trailed off with a grin and I remembered what we had talked about yesterday and the thought seemed so intriguing having a make out session with a robot one that is quite older than me and seems to be all I wanted.

"You're going to have to catch me." I said with a giggle jumping up from my seat on his lap and I made my way laughing through the bedroom door and down the hall. I heard him behind me and knew I would have to make a full out dash to get away from him if I wanted to keep the chase going. I quickly ran making sure to watch my feet as I made my way down the stairs and though the living room.

I ran to the other side of the couch and he tried to mimick my moves on the other side.

"You were always the chasing type of girl but guess what-" He lunged over the couch tackling me to the ground, he put his arm behind my head to cushion the fall as we landed "I was always the boy that loved the chase and would do it any day."

His face moved closer to mine as I breathed out breathlessly. His forehead connected with mine and his hand entertwined with my good one.